Pushrod Twin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
My Commando clutches were both worn, 1 bronze plates, 1 fibre. Purchased a Barnett set of Fleabay USA, most impressed with the nice action. Did have to add an extra plain plate to get diaphragm to correct height per Chris post above. It could benefit from a bit more, job for another day.
Re lever lift, I use an alloy lever assembly purloined from a 650 Benelli Tornado, lifts well & matches the twin pull brake lever from a 4LS Guzzi set up.
I know you have done it now, but for the second iteration, a cush mechanism in the front sprocket per the new Alton Comet electric starter, rubber bushes? Specials usually need to be built twice, or more, before they are right. :)

Jez Nemeth

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks Vibrac, its a worthwhile question I think how to set up a starter with a belt, being a curious fella do like a problem, and with cush drives added, have a gut feeling may be opening Pandora's box with that one. Having attained the objective of getting the belt and clutch setup correctly, albeit with further unseen issues to deal with, will be enough for this lifetime :)