Comet Photo's

redbloke1956

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi to all, I am finally getting closer to actually starting ny '51 Comet, I have noticed that there is much less Comet info around than Twin info, and being new to the marque means limited experience.
However I have been scouring books, leaflets and the internet in all the usual places for as much info as I can find, so far to great effect, I find that the information I really need at the moment is simply things like where do cables run (clutch, carb, decompressor etc) and what things should look like in general.
I am hoping that some of you Comet owners out there may have Hi-res photos of around the Engine and gearbox from either side and/or from above (with tank removed) and from front.
I believe these could be a valuable resource for many Comet owners, so I would be only too happy to compile and share with others.

Looking forward to gazillions of photo's to reddennis@iinet.net.au
regards
Kevin dennis

Last edited:

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
Hi to all, I am finally getting closer to actually starting ny '51 Comet, I have noticed that there is much less Comet info around than Twin info, and being new to the marque means limited experience.
However I have been scouring books, leaflets and the internet in all the usual places for as much info as I can find, so far to great effect, I find that the information I really need at the moment is simply things like where do cables run (clutch, carb, decompressor etc) and what things should look like in general.
I am hoping that some of you Comet owners out there may have Hi-res photos of around the Engine and gearbox from either side and/or from above (with tank removed) and from front.
I believe these could be a valuable resource for many Comet owners, so I would be only too happy to compile and share with others.

Looking forward to gazillions of photo's to reddennis@iinet.net.au
regards
Kevin dennis

Hi all, No responses so can anyone tell me where I might be able to find photo's of around the gearbox and engine showing nooks and crannies where cables live and widgets hide.
I have searched photo's with little success.
regards
Kevin Dennis

nobby

VOC Member
I am in Argentina at the moment so cannot sent you pictures of my 51 Comet.
However, Original Vincent from Bickerstaff will reveal a lot to you. There are more books, but this one is very detailed.
Won't be back soon, hope you get pictures from other vinceteers.
¡Saludos!

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
Comets

Hi Kevin,

I've had a quick rummage and I'm sending you links to my Picasa Albums.

You can zoom in and manipulate, save, print whatever you like.:) Any problems let me know.

I have more somewhere.Give me time.

Also I'm going to a show on Saturday and I can take a few there.

Also some Comets in my videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/t120girl#g/u

Last edited:

samueljohn

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Kevin,
I found most of my images by just Googling "vincent" on their images page. You will see a variety of photos of all manner of Vincent mastery regarding stock and modified placement of stuff. If you are using the bike, you should think about it as your own, and put things like levers, switches, cable runs and the like where it is most effective. You would be surprised at how intuitive the bike seems to be. Where you would think it should go, will most likely be where it was in the first place.
Good Luck and have a blast.
John