Comet on e-bay, becareful..probably scam..

Spqreddie

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
You have probably already saw this add:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111174570245?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Seller with Zero Feedback,
in a photo is stated that the buy it now price is 6,499..
It looked stuspect therefore i dropped a mail to know if the Comet is for sale by auction on e-bay or at a private buy it now price of 6499; and received this reply... seems similar to other story already heard of..:

QUOTE:

Hi there,

First I want to thank you for your interest in my bike.

The total price £6.499 includes shipping to your address. Price reduced for quick sale.The bike is located in Manchester, UK and it will be shipped to your address, at no extra cost.

My husband died 3 months ago (he had a heart attack) and this bike brings me bad memories and that's the reason for selling it. I along with my daughter decided to sell the house and we moved to my sister in Stockholm,Sweden. The payment will be made through eBay and only after you will receive the bike, I will get the money.

It will take around 2-3 working days until you will receive the bike and you will have a 10 days inspection period (so you have 10 days to change your mind and refuse or keep the bike). Also, I need to know if you have cash in hand because I have a few others interested in this purchase and I don't have time to waste. No offense but if you really want to buy the bike I will stop communicating with them.

If you are interested in buying it please provide me your eBay user ID, your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay. You must know that eBay will contact you without any obligation to buy it or fees.

Regards

END QUOTE

When i replied asking for a telephone number i received this answer..
QUOTE:
Hello ,

As I said earlier I am located in Sweden and the bike is already at eBay Motors Company (ready for delivery) in Manchester.
I asked them to allow viewers to go there and inspect the bike but their reply was "We are not a showroom!" .The transaction will be fully under eBay's surveillance, giving us both security and insurance that nothing will go wrong. They will be the 3rd, objective party involved in this transaction. This way you will actually pay for the bike after you will receive and test it, because eBay will hold the funds into a trustworthy bank account and release it to me only after you accept and confirm the delivery. After the bike reaches your address you will have 10 days to test it. Within this period you have to decide if you purchase it or not. If you decide to take it you will have to contact eBay and let them know that, so they can release the payment to me. If you won't like the bike you will have to ship it back to me within the 5 days and eBay will refund all your money. The shipping back will be done on my own expense, but I am sure this will not be the case.
If you agree with these terms and you have the money, send me your eBay username, full name and address and I will initiate the transaction with eBay. You will receive all the transaction details from them.

Best regards,

END QUOTE

Becareful memebers.. there were already 3 bids earliers but i've seen those have beed retracted... and this person is probably using picture of a bike belonging to anoter unaware memeber...(Reg Number OAE 475, may be the machine register can help here and advice the person?)
Why this is happeing to the Vincent word?
Eddie

nkt267

VOC Member
Saw this when I got home.
Funny how the location has changed from Virginia Water to Manchester..Does Ebay have a showroom,,,,,I doubt it..John

4591yelrah

Non-VOC Member
this scam was on earlier in year i offered to meet seller there and pay cash but it had to be done his way as he had no one to meet me my daughter did something with his id and it seems he's dne a lot in america if its same one its been removed now so i can't tell beware