E: Engine Comet Mongrel

Flo

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The Otto-engine (SI or Crossley-engine for patriots) makes its best power around lambda = 0.85 and its lowest specific fuel consumption around lambda a= 1.1. Running modern engines as close as possible stoichiometric i.e lambda = 1 is due to the conversion efficiency of the catalytic converters for three exhaust gas components (hence the tag three way).

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Anybody playing with the 30mm Mk 2 Amal Carb', I have found the pilot range goes well into the slide range.
And one size weaker slide , Can kill it stone dead !, Much more so than any other Carb' I have played with.
Cheers Bill.

erik

VOC Member
9e89005b-8eeb-4c08-8a2f-4408a75b0811.JPG
a7bc0890-580f-4457-b7df-4a6e2332f8c2.JPG

erik

VOC Member
@Graham Smith thank you .this is the way i fitted the Lambda sonde.only for temporary use. i fit the Instrument on the handlebar using the ram Mount ball of my sat-nav. Pictures will follow.regards Erik

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyborg

VOC Member
I see from the label on the back of the gauge that it is a wide band sensor. What brand is the gauge and are you happy with the way it works?

erik

VOC Member
i Mount the System for the first time and had not started the engine for driving because i had no time or it was to cold for me.but as soon the conditions will be fine i will try the System.the make i will post later because my motorcycle mate has bought the System with me together.he has a zündapp ks 600 flattwin with two Systems because he has twin carbs.