Comet gearbox

russell hartley

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Being new to my Vincent Comet I am very pleased with the bike with one exception the Gearbox.So I would like to know it you have fitted another gearbox ect I was thinking of a AMC of a norton Does anyone do a belt drive for a comet
Any help would be most welcome

BlackLightning998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Russell, how did you get on on track....

Hi Russell,

We had a chat when I photographed your super Comet on the weekend - I didn't get to see you on track - how did you get on?

Cheers

Stuart Metcalfe

Being new to my Vincent Comet I am very pleased with the bike with one exception the Gearbox.So I would like to know it you have fitted another gearbox ect I was thinking of a AMC of a norton Does anyone do a belt drive for a comet
Any help would be most welcome

nkt267

VOC Member
I have a magazine photo copy of how to fit an AMC box to a Comet if you really want to change it.The only problem with the Burman box on the Comet is that you cannot do fast noiseless changes.Take things in a more relaxed style and all is ok.John
(by the way I cane my Comet and like Graham I'm under 60)

Tony Cording

VOC Member
Hi NKT267, I am in the process of building a Comet Special, and have an AMC gearbox. Would it be possible to get a copy of the article as I want to install the gearbox with belt drive. My brother lives in the UK and I can ask him to send money to cover the copying and post. my e mail address is cording@shaw.ca.

Many thanks.

Tony Cording

russell hartley

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I have a magazine photo copy of how to fit an AMC box to a Comet if you really want to change it.The only problem with the Burman box on the Comet is that you cannot do fast noiseless changes.Take things in a more relaxed style and all is ok.John
(by the way I cane my Comet and like Graham I'm under 60)

Any chance of a copy I will pay post and coping
regards
Russell Hartley

Last edited by a moderator:

Comet Rider

VOC Member
AMC box article

Hi John,

If you cant scan it in yourself, drop me a line, and I'll scan the article for you and PDF it, so that it can be emailed, also I have access to a nice expensive laser copier, so I could take copies to the NA rally for our US and Canadian friends.

Cheers
Neil

nkt267

VOC Member
Thanks Neil.I have scanned these already and sent a copy to Tony.I've got a reasonable scanner as I was asked what I wanted for Xmas and got the one I wanted.John

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Russell - I've removed your address details

Hi Russell,

Stuart Metcalfe here (we met at Mallory when I was taking pictures of your bike), I write notes on the Forum for the Club Magazine, MPH.

I've had your address removed off the Forum as it is a public site and I'd suggest it might be better not to have it sitting there with people being able to identify where a bike may be. Better safe than sorry.

You could use the Private Messaging system (PM) to send your details just to the person you want to have them 1on1, or perhaps you could post your actual email address on this thread and let the other person contact you off Forum.

Hope that's OK.

Regards

Stuart Metcalfe

Any chance of a copy I will pay post and coping
regards
Russell Hartley