F: Frame Comet footrest

everiman

Active Forum User
VOC Member
I want to order the left side comet footrest F72/2SS from spares co, this part is not illustrated in the parts book, and I need to know what the other parts I need, a nut and washers to fasten the footrest to footrest hanger F52/14. The difference is the comet footpeg does not fold and is also the pivot for the rear brake pedal. If F72/2SS is stainless steel, if I could have the correct dimensions of the part I might have a go at making my own from mild steel unless stainless steel was used originally. What is on my comet right now is home made from an SAE bolt and thread.
Thanks for your help!

delboy

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I want to order the left side comet footrest F72/2SS from spares co, this part is not illustrated in the parts book, and I need to know what the other parts I need, a nut and washers to fasten the footrest to footrest hanger F52/14. The difference is the comet footpeg does not fold and is also the pivot for the rear brake pedal. If F72/2SS is stainless steel, if I could have the correct dimensions of the part I might have a go at making my own from mild steel unless stainless steel was used originally. What is on my comet right now is home made from an SAE bolt and thread.
Thanks for your help!
Look no further than pages 74 & 75 of "Know thy beast" [3rd edition]
Delboy.

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Take out the SAE bolt and fit a triumph (meriden) pilion footrest with a bit of fiddling you will have a folding footrest I have two LH footrest hangers and two folding footresta