Comet folding footrests

Vic Youel

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I want to put a pair of folding footrests on my Comet similar to those used on the Rapide. Could someone advise a source please?

Thanks

Vic

Peter. C

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Folding Footrests

HI Vic

I have used a left hand comet footrest hanger on the right side and then fitted a folding foot rest. These are available in most spares catalogues. This became necessary on my Viscount to keep clear of the kickstarter. I expect this could be done on left side with a little work. The spacers
F51 might need changing for different lengths.

Peter.C

nkt267

VOC Member
Hope and pray that Mac Reid goes mad and makes a new batch.He had them cast in stainless and are absolutely BEEOOTIFUL.I was lucky to get a set..John

I have just added photo's to annoy you all..Motorcycles-Misc 2008-Modifications...or just go photos last 7 days..

Last edited:

Vic Youel

Non-VOC Member
Folding comet footrests

I had a chat with Mac Read and he now has a waiting list of three...... I hope he does get around to making another batch. Four different members have recommended him for which I thank you.

Vic

John Smith-Daye

VOC Member
Make that five recommendations!

Macs folders are really good - hope he does do some more so that others can benefit from his expertise.

timetraveller

VOC Member
I saw a Godet Egli at Liphook last Sunday, a twin, which had footrest hangers which I guess are something like what you are looking for. Very nice items. I have no idea whether Patrick would sell them seperately but it might be worth trying to see some first to decide whether they would do the job. :)

b'knighted

VOC Member
Mac Reid - Mac Read

My Knight carries some examples of Mac's brilliant work, from when he lived in Longfield. I lost touch when he moved East and I moved West. How do I get on his waiting list for a pair of folding Comet footrest hangers?

If you're reading this Mac, please get in touch as I need a fresh copy of the brake plate drawing which your dog chewed, and everyone I have approached denies all knowledge.

Cheers, Ian

sidmadrid

VOC Member
I mended my broken right hand comet footrest hangar by welding a pillion footrest (FT93 & F72) onto the broken bit and dressing it off. Looks ok to me.
Haven't broken the l/h foot peg yet, but if I did I would do somethin similar.
Probably not sound ecconomics if you are buying new pillion hangars as donors, I just had a few spares lying about.

Hugo Myatt

VOC Member
All Comet owners have permanent shin bruises from Comet footrests. Put me on the list if anyone is making folding Comet footrests. Page 24 of FTO has an article on how to convert Comet footrests to the folding type, unfortunately beyond my abilities. This month's Classic Motorcyle, oddly June 2008, features a replica Grey Flash with just such a conversion.