Comet folding footrests

Chris.R

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have a hanger for the COMET RH side and just need the peg to push through and bolt on. It has been suggested that what I have on LH side and in the illustration in my thread is an adaptation by Kemp.

footpeg_DSC0811.JPG

Attachments

• _DSC0811.JPG
    _DSC0811.JPG
    357.1 KB · Views: 10
  • _DSC0811.JPG
    _DSC0811.JPG
    357.1 KB · Views: 8

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
This LH side replacement and adaption was fitted to my 1954 Comet in the period she was on the road prior to being put in a museum in 1991. If I can find similar I will complete the job and fit same to RH side.

Where is your other thread?

Chris
I've combined the Folding footrest thread posts with Comet Folding Footrest thread.

Last edited:

Chris.R

VOC Member
Hi Ed What I need is a similar arrangement for the other side where do I buy a similar foot-peg. The one fitted is as you see it, a threaded section that protrudes from the standard left hand chrome hanger as shown in the photo the second stepped part comes up against the hanger and the brake lever sits there with a shim on either side. I can manage with a similar arrangement on the right side as I have the same hanger ready to use.

Chris.R

VOC Member
The Norton BSA both look similar neither would take a Vincent rubber as the rests appear to be square, qhat I have would seem to be a chrome casting surely the one I have is not unique.

Chris.R

VOC Member
I have looked at the web all morning and found nothing that might be adapted to fit. The overall length of the stem is 1-3/4" stepped twice both shoulders are 1/2" long with a 3/8" threaded section on the end As I said it has been thought to be a Ron Kemp adaptation.

b'knighted

VOC Member
I would have expected a folding footrest made by Ron Kemp to have the appropriate thread on the largest diameter and to use a locknut to prevent rotation, holding direction of fold without any risk of over tightening the brake pedal retaining nut.

Chris.R

VOC Member
Hi Ian
I had not spotted those perhaps they would do, I have perhaps misquoted Ron but that was what a member told me was possible.

vibrac

VOC Member
I cant drag my Comet out of its corner but I did use Triumph pillion foot rests and two LH footrest hangers I think the brake pivot was retained on the inside by a washer and a bolt up the center of the pivot/foot rest base which would not undo as in extremis it would hit the Primary chain case.