Comet folding footrests

Michael Vane-Hunt

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
View attachment 27463 Here are the Breeding footrests on my Comet. They work very well but I had to make up a longer FT103 to get the brake pedal where I could get my foot on it.
Pictures from Samsung Phone  ONE 136.jpgDSC05438.JPGDSC05433.JPGDSC05808.JPG

Chris.R

VOC Member
Hi I need another of these for the timing cover side, I have a spare left hand arm I just need the peg to pop thorough the hole in the bottom where do I find another of these any ideas. I have no idea if this one was bought as is or was bought and then adapted. Chris
_DSC0811.JPG

Chris Launders

VOC Member
I want to make some longer footrest hangers for my twin and looking round for ideas suddenly realised the top of Triumph/BSA kickstarts are similar to twin hanger bottoms (as regards how the foot parts pivot, the foot piece will even pivot the other way if turned over), so I've managed to scrounge a pair up which I will get de-chromed and start butchering, basically a little reshaping and a tapered bore section will do the K/S side with lugs welded on for the brake side.

vibrac

VOC Member
All I did was get another LH footrest and mount it on the rh side then a pair of meriden triumph pilion foot tests were modified to bolt into the bottom holes the LH one was further modified to take the rear brake pivot.
all very 50's but they work

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Longer hangers for a twin can be easily overcome by using the 2" footrest cranks LH & RH the F72 is the neares number I can get to it. I have one on my LH kick start crank for more leverage and to clear brake cable.
bananaman.

Chris Launders

VOC Member
I can't see them listed, ridiculous price even for standard ones anyway. I've made a pair of them already but don't like how they look and my version interferes with the brake pedal mechanism as well when folded so I'll just make new hangers.

Chris.R

VOC Member
This LH side replacement and adaption was fitted to my 1954 Comet in the period she was on the road prior to being put in a museum in 1991. If I can find similar I will complete the job and fit same to RH side.

Where is your other thread?

Chris