Comet clutch

russell hartley

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Can anyone help with information or pictures of how to fit a Honda CJ 250t clutch to my comet as I have just picked up a clutch and want a winter project

Tom Gaynor

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Honda clutch

Had you thought about turning it into a table lamp? The Comet would be no worse off, and 'er indoors might warm to you as a home-builder.

Last edited by a moderator:

vincenttwin

VOC Member
send it to conways and they will do the complex convert for you and fit the special features that most folks will miss.
regards
Peter

Piston Pete

VOC Member
honda clutch

i am expecting delivery ,this very week ,of a Conways Clutch for my Comet. I am hoping its as easy (read idiot proof) to fit as they suggest .I will let you know if it turns my humble Comet into a Shadow-Beater:) Still it will be nice to have the bike on the road again after its 3 month lay -off since the Burman clutch cried "enough" and made a bid for freedom through the chaincase.

Best of luck woth the conversion

Piston Pete

VOC Member
No problem Russell .It was posted Friday 5th December ,and still hasnt made it to Ireland 10 days later......I will email the photos of the unit and the installation (suitably edited of course ,to give an air of professionalism):confused:

vincenttwin

VOC Member
Russell
Seems a bit like stealing when you copy a companies hard work ,I know Conways spend a lot of money getting the correct tooling set up and I think CJ clutch's the back will need extra work to get the rubbers to fit.
regards
Pete