E: Engine Comet carb.

Ernesto

Active Forum User
VOC Member
I face some fuel leakage from fuel pipe and carb. It look like carb mail it to small in comparison with int. diamanté's. of the fuel pipe. Since I'd like to use external metallic sleeve I thoughtcrimes to utilize a tin metal wire as from the photo but it look not to work properly.
Any advices?
Could you give me AMAL parts code for new one's (if it is the case?)
Thaks

Attachments

• fuel1.jpg
    fuel1.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 25
  • fuel3.jpg
    fuel3.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 26

craig

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
This is advice for an Amal concentric, sorry my bad.

Part number: 376/138
5/16 banjo used with 1/4 fuel tubing.
Apply a small dab of fuel as lubricant and slip tubing in place.
Amal376-138Banjo.jpg

Last edited:

craig

VOC Member
376/097 Not suitable for use, but lists as correct size for 1/4".
A genuine waste of your time and effort.

Amal376-097Banjo.jpg

Last edited:

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Not sure but that looks like a monobloc fitting ,
That has been messed about ?,
I think this should be fitted ?.

Attachments

• 14-345.jpg
    14-345.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 8
  • MO19.gif
    MO19.gif
    141 KB · Views: 7

A Nut

VOC Member
I face some fuel leakage from fuel pipe and carb. It look like carb mail it to small in comparison with int. diamanté's. of the fuel pipe. Since I'd like to use external metallic sleeve I thoughtcrimes to utilize a tin metal wire as from the photo but it look not to work properly.
Any advices?
Could you give me AMAL parts code for new one's (if it is the case?)
Thaks
I would agree, It looks like the wrong fitting. Amal only list one that is suitable 14/345 but its only a single union so you would also need to use a T piece to connect to the other tap.
Brian Werrett

Ernesto

Active Forum User
VOC Member
According to the parts catalogue should be 2 A61AS (that are not available at VOC spares) and a connector A75 that do not look longe enough to keep both in place and look completely different from the one's now installed (similar to the one's reported on the parts catalogue for the front carb and without parts number)
????

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
make a small groove in the fuel line, about half the depth of the ferrule. Take 2 turns of s/s lock wire, put it in the groove and tighten using lock wire pliers, then slide the ferrule into place with a dab of gasket goo to hold it in place. When it works - send a nice message to R.Watson Esq. thanking him for his brilliant idea