Comet Brought to the US

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I don't know, but Somer would. It would have to be at auction because some Flashes have brought double or triple that, but they usually sell privately and not very often.

David

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Thanks Simon. Wow, wonder how much that one would have been if it was complete, and either nicely original, or fully restored.

vibrac

VOC Member
For once I believe the story it was a factory bitsa a creature of the parts bin. It's worth pointing out that it could easily be a C with Brampton's at the start of the fifties certainly if I had been old enough to purchase a new Vincent then and know what I know now it would have been my choice of fork.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
How can it be a series C/D Comet with Brampton forks...........????
There was a series A single for sale in the same auction buy the same late owners family. The late owner for some reason had swapped the girdraulics and Bramptons between the bikes. It was pointed out to Bonhams it would be best to swap the forks back but they didn't. Bonhams appear to sell as found.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
There was 3 off C/D Comets built. The only differences between a C Comet and a C/D Comet was the D breather, Lucas electrics & headlight and the engine and frame numbers.