Comet Brought to the US

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Interesting article. I wonder how the McQueen connection will affect the sale. Particularly in light of the fact that McQueen wasn't aware of the improperly set up forks and sold it on so quickly.
Steven

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Indeed. I see the point you are driving at. Notice also the RFM and engine.
Steven

McQueen UFM.png

McQueen RFM.png

McQueen Engine.png

McQueen Letter.png

vibrac

VOC Member
Sometimes it all gets a bit tenuous and vague these 'owned by' bikes like that (descriptive words words fail me here) Henry Cole on TV, riding the Steve McQueen Indian a hundred yards down the road and spouting his raptures forth.
Bottom line is would you buy it if it was ex Joe Soap with that stamping and condition and what is the worth of the provenience?

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Not worshiping at the alter of Originality for the right price I would buy it, but not at the $36K -$40K estimate. I spent a total of $8K to buy mine and have it shipped from Cornwall to Detroit, 15 years ago. Not long after I bought mine prices jumped to $26K. So the worth of provenience appears to be $10K to $14K. Provenience like originality is not something I'm interested in. But I'm sure some are interested. It does appears I have had my original question answered. Being owned by "The King of Cool" adds up to 53% to the asking price. Can't see it myself but to each their own.
Steven

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Evidently somebody wanted it pretty bad. May who ever bought it enjoy it in good health. Can't see paying that for it myself, but there you are.
Steven