Combustion Chamber Clues

clevtrev

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi again Trev, I understand what you are saying, what I am asking however is what was it about the photos triggered the "been there, done it" realisation.

regards
Kevin
I did not even look at the photos.
Should add, I started using these pistons in 1981, I found out about them at almost the same time as Bob Satterley in Aus. although I believe he was in Singapore at that time. Over the next few years I carried out a lot of experiments with them, finally running them with zero clearance. No problems, until that is, the oil control rings wore. I still have not finished experimenting, as I have a coated pair to try. One day !

Last edited:

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Trev, Talk to us about zero clearance, Pistons or Rings ? I thought Oil had a thickness, I thought it was 3 thou but it might be less, So that means it would be running dry when cold ?, How can you keep the Barrels round, Mine are well out of shape after a few years, What model Suzi do you use and does it have chrome bores ?, Cheers Bill.

clevtrev

VOC Member
Hello Trev, Talk to us about zero clearance, Pistons or Rings ?
Piston measures 85mm bore is 85mm.

I thought Oil had a thickness, I thought it was 3 thou but it might be less, So that means it would be running dry when cold ?,
Could well be.

How can you keep the Barrels round,
I do not use honeycombe material.

Mine are well out of shape after a few years, What model Suzi do you use and does it have chrome bores ?,

The pistons are from SP 370, No chrome bore just normal.

Come to the Annual on Saturday, I will bring a demo with me.

Cheers Bill.
After all that I get a message saying `your message is too short` But I`m not changing it.