Coil Over front dampers Series B

greg brillus

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
You should just try a shock absorber off a maintain bike........adjustable rebound damping and you can set the internal pressure to whatever you want, no external visible spring necessary. Some of them have more than 50 to 60 mm travel, and way cheaper than anything else.

vibrac

VOC Member
I have photos of my bottom brampton links to preserve the original coil mounting if thats any help (they are on the forum somewhere) but the riding season is too close to loose my USA unit in any case it would probibally cost the same amout to send and return to AU as a weeks hire of a suspension research facility !

Albervin

VOC Member
I have photos of my bottom brampton links to preserve the original coil mounting if thats any help (they are on the forum somewhere) but the riding season is too close to loose my USA unit in any case it would probibally cost the same amout to send and return to AU as a weeks hire of a suspension research facility !
Show some clear shots of the top mount as well please.

Albervin

VOC Member
IF you can unhinge the unit and take detailed photos with a tape measure or ruler that would be good. Everything helps here if we can get it right the first time.

vibrac

VOC Member
Here are some from my picture archive Also there is also some of the assembly in my book The Vincent Black Shadow. Somewhere I have a picture of the interlocking plates and spacers that anchor the bottom to the standard coil anchor
Blimey I even used Metric!
1614176405832.png
1614176482593.png
1614176639056.png
1614176694414.png

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Alyn my handsome, Harvey has a coil over damper on his "B" that he loaned Bill Easter for the international but not sure of it's origin or how it worked as I'm interested in two sets for the "A"&"B" Raps, I will drop him a line.
bananaman.
Harvey gave his Brampton B to John Renwick for a complete checkover, and while John was doing that Harvey also asked John to construct a coil spring over damper unit, I do not know what John used but I have a feeling it might have been one of the last Dave Malloy units, pretty certain the headlamp mount was used without any re-inforcements.

Albervin

VOC Member

vibrac

VOC Member
Ah! My apologies time passes. That explains the metric rules, they not a item I generally own!
There must be more photos of my unit somewhere I know the ones in the book are mine I suppose its forum search engine time again to find them.