Coil Over front dampers Series B

alan wright

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Bonjour , this is probably the wrong place but about 3- 4 months ago there was talk of a fresh batch of Series B coil over front dampers being produced and I did give my " expression of interest" which still stands so is there any further news please. ( or have I missed it ??!!)
Merry Christmas and a Happy ( bloody sight better !!) New Year.
Alan

alan wright

VOC Member
Bonjour , this is probably the wrong place but about 3- 4 months ago there was talk of a fresh batch of Series B coil over front dampers being produced and I did give my " expression of interest" which still stands so is there any further news please. ( or have I missed it ??!!)
Merry Christmas and a Happy ( bloody sight better !!) New Year.
Alan
Bonjour, I have answered my own question by looking at Tech Advice for 20th August and Albervin says he will contact all interested parties when the prototype is tested. Will wait for his contact so stand easy !
Best regards, Alan

Albervin

VOC Member
Yes indeed. This bloody virus has put a bit of a kangaroo in the forks or a spanner in the works. Bizarrely the factory has been flat out, including producing over 4,000 suspension units for the Swiss Army!! I plan to talk to the owner tomorrow to ascertain a quote on pricing and also a time for the prototype. Please stay with me on this as these are most unpredictable days.

alan wright

VOC Member
Yes indeed. This bloody virus has put a bit of a kangaroo in the forks or a spanner in the works. Bizarrely the factory has been flat out, including producing over 4,000 suspension units for the Swiss Army!! I plan to talk to the owner tomorrow to ascertain a quote on pricing and also a time for the prototype. Please stay with me on this as these are most unpredictable days.
Cheers mate, ready when you are. Joyeaux Noel, Alan

Albervin

VOC Member
Series B coil over front end update.
Well, as we all know the best of plans from February 2020 have turned to dust or worse. So it is with my plans to reproduce these coil over shocks for Series B Vincents. The supply chain ran drier than a creek in Alice Springs in September. THEN Switzerland ordered over THREE THOUSAND shock absorbers for their reserve motorcycles. THEN other customers started rebuilding their motorcycles etc. etc. etc.
Bottom line is that our prototyping has been well and truly put onto the back burner. Nobody is more annoyed or disappointed than me BUT nothing I can do. HOWEVER!!!
What this can lead to is IF someone has an old USA made coil over modified unit that they are prepared to lend me I can possibly make a best of both worlds out of this mess. YES, we will be at least a year behind BUT we may just be able to make a perfect front end. If anyone wants to SELL me a unit then I will gladly pay your price and postage. The Brampton forked Vincents are a delight and with proper suspension they are more delightful.
If anyone can help with this project I would be most grateful.

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
i would gladly do so, but than my Bee is bottomed, just as the season started.
i can make U a drawing of how i have done it, but note: i have welded an aftermarked forks to stiffen the headlamp lower mount. I would not do that on an original one.
its a works performance one, with the top pivot more to the rear as the original spring mount hole
2017-12-16 17.53.45.jpg
2017-12-16 17.52.32.jpg

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Alyn my handsome, Harvey has a coil over damper on his "B" that he loaned Bill Easter for the international but not sure of it's origin or how it worked as I'm interested in two sets for the "A"&"B" Raps, I will drop him a line.
bananaman.

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Vincent my handsome, have you just omitted your spring for photo reasons or because there's not enough room for it ? is there any support other than the headlamp bracket, as it looks as if that fork is also resting on the original spring base.

Albervin

VOC Member
Vincent my handsome, have you just omitted your spring for photo reasons or because there's not enough room for it ? is there any support other than the headlamp bracket, as it looks as if that fork is also resting on the original spring base.
Marcus, I think it has an internal spring unit.

Albervin

VOC Member
i would gladly do so, but than my Bee is bottomed, just as the season started.
i can make U a drawing of how i have done it, but note: i have welded an aftermarked forks to stiffen the headlamp lower mount. I would not do that on an original one.
its a works performance one, with the top pivot more to the rear as the original spring mount hole
View attachment 40618View attachment 40617
That adjuster is VERY close to the link. YES> Send drawings as everything helps in this project.