H: Hubs, Wheels and Tyres CO2 Inflator

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Why should push bike riders get all the gimmicks:(
I just bought a mini tyre inflator that takes a CO2 cartridge (Crivit PRO)and together with an adapter that I already have that converts, from pushbike valves to standard car/Mc valves I am hoping it should allow me to quickly blow up my tyre in long distance trials from under 10 on a section back to 18 psi for the road (Trail bike) .
However in emergency perhaps it could reinflate my whole Vincent back wheel .. or will that take a few cartridges? anyone tried this?

G

Graham Smith

I've never tried it, but I normally carry one of those things with a couple of the cartridges.

erik

VOC Member
why dont you use the airpump of your Vincent? using co2 instead of air makes the bike heavier.better use Helium.regards erik

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Tim,
If the cartridges are the small 16g ones you will struggle to get more than 20-25 PSI in the tyre
I use an American kit which uses a 45g cartridge and can inflate a modern tubeless tyre to over 30 PSI without problems
It is always useful as this helps to seat the tyre on the bead. Also a ratchet strap going around the outside of the tyre makes popping the tyre a doddle.

Bill Cannon

VOC Member
BMW tubeless tyre repair kits come with three cylinders. I've never had to use one, touch wood, but I guess you need three to inflate a large tyre.