Clutch Linings

ericg

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Is there a source for twin clutch linings? They seems to be unobtainable now. Any idea?

Thanks.

Eric

vibrac

VOC Member
Seem to be plenty attached to clutch shoes on Vincent spares company and they offer a relining service

ericg

VOC Member
Seem to be plenty attached to clutch shoes on Vincent spares company and they offer a relining service
Yes I know, thank you. But this is a £150 service or £360 for a set of new shoes. That's why I'd prefer to renew the linings myself...

Bob

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I wanted to exchange mine but the spares co. were out of stock. I renewed the plunger springs, then made the jig as described on this forum and adjusted the spring tension. I then sent the shoes to Villiers Services who renewed the linings for under £20 including postage. They are on ebay or google for their website. I'm happy to loan out the jig.

ericg

VOC Member
I wanted to exchange mine but the spares co. were out of stock. I renewed the plunger springs, then made the jig as described on this forum and adjusted the spring tension. I then sent the shoes to Villiers Services who renewed the linings for under £20 including postage. They are on ebay or google for their website. I'm happy to loan out the jig.
That's a useful reply, thank you very much Bob. I'm going to check their website.
Cheers.
Eric

Rob H

VOC Member
I checked the web site and see they offer brake lining.
maybe daft question but is the clutch shoe lining material the same as brake shoe?

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
upload_2016-3-23_9-33-17.png