Clubv main site

G

Graham Smith

The assumption that I am "doing something wrong" is somewhat condescending. I am entering my membership number, password and correct postcode and don't feel that your answer is particularly helpful Graham. I have tried all combinations of upper case, lower case, space and no space but am still being asked for a valid post code. I will contact Bill Parr as you suggest.

I didn't assume or suggest you were doing something wrong - far from it. All I did was suggest that you contact Bill Parr who runs the website, as he's the only person that could help.

However, trying to help on your behalf, I contacted Bill who has confirmed he has already been in contact with you, and it would appear that you had forgotten your password which you had previously set?

Regards

Graham

macvette

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi
No, Bill Parr sorted it for me. I had forgotten that there is a different password for the main site, and was using my normal password, however, the main site was still asking for a valid post code even though I was using the wrong password but correct postcode and as far as I can see there is /was no link on the login page for forgotten passwords.

Regards Mac

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
So you post up asking for help, get pointed in the right direction by Graham, but get offended at the use of the words "point out where you are going wrong" when clearly you were going wrong!

Try to help everybody and Somebody is not going to like it!

Glen

vince998

VOC Member
Tech support: Are you sure you used the right password?
Customer: Yes, I'm sure. I saw my colleague do it.
Tech support: Can you tell me what the password was?
Customer: Five stars.

vince998

VOC Member
And another one just for good measure :)

Miriam was having trouble with her computer. So Miriam called Malcolm the computer wiz-kid and asked him to come over and look at her computer. Malcolm clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem.

Malcolm gave Miriam a bill for a minimum service call. As he was walking away, Miriam called after him, 'So, what was wrong?' He replied, 'It was an ID ten T error.' Miriam didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, 'An, ID ten T error? Malcolm, what does that error mean, just in case I need to fix it again?'

Malcolm grinned, 'Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?'

'No,' Miriam replied.

'Write it down, 'he said, 'and i think you'll figure it out.'

ID 10 T

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
Good one Vince
I think with computers we all end up looking like idiots from time to time, its nothing to get fussed about.

on a website I view, a member posted up his new computer generated company logo, very arty. Another poster complimented him on the design, then added, "but how did you get that backwards b?"

"It's a d."

Glen