Classified section?

Ducdude

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Good day all,

Is there an on line classified section on the website for members to buy, sell and trade? I know there is a section in MPH but do we have an on line version as well?
Do the local sections in the US have web presence for such a thing?

Thanks,
Duc

Albervin

VOC Member
There used to be a classified section in the voc.uk.com site but I have just had a look & cannot see it. I am not sure if it has moved or been removed. I recall it was never well used & the same adverts appeared for months on end. I think everyone uses Floggers Corner or e-bay......:p

clevtrev

VOC Member
There used to be a classified section in the voc.uk.com site but I have just had a look & cannot see it. I am not sure if it has moved or been removed. I recall it was never well used & the same adverts appeared for months on end. I think everyone uses Floggers Corner or e-bay......:p

Don`t you remember reading that Jim had told us that his computer had a rather large crash, and he he lost all his software that allowed him to run the site. So until that is rectified, no updates.

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Dear Trev,
Not wishing to contradict you, but you seem to have your wires slightly crossed.
Jim's site (www.thevincent.com) had nothing to do with the for sale & wanted section that was part of this forum. Graham will no doubt be able to respond as to the where abouts of this section and advise everyone as to what is, or is not, happening

clevtrev

VOC Member
Dear Trev,
Not wishing to contradict you, but you seem to have your wires slightly crossed.
Jim's site (www.thevincent.com) had nothing to do with the for sale & wanted section that was part of this forum. Graham will no doubt be able to respond as to the where abouts of this section and advise everyone as to what is, or is not, happening

Agreed, but Jims was the only classified site that I know of on the www. How many years ago was it that the voc one demised ?

G

Graham Smith

Dear Trev,

Neil's right - we did have a classifieds section on the forum, but it wasn't that well used, and when we upgraded the 'core' software some time ago, some of the code for the classifieds had to be re-written and I haven't had a chance to do it.

I may well get round to getting it up and running at some point, but at the moment, Sally's got me busy decorating! Anyone fancy popping round and giving me a hand? :)

nobby

VOC Member
Graham,
I do not understand: do you need help with the software or with the decorating?
Although a part of my vacation will be spend in England I won't have any urge to help you decorating, but when I am back in Holland (after the Annual) I won't mind to help you with the software....
Greetings from France, on the way to Santander and then the Dorset...

nobby

VOC Member
Graham,
I do not understand: do you need help with the software or with the decorating?
Although a part of my vacation will be spend in England I won't have any urge to help you decorating, but when I am back in Holland (after the Annual) I won't mind to help you with the software....
Greetings from France, on the way to Santander and then the Dorset...

G

Graham Smith

Nobby

I'll take whatever help you're offering!

What are you like with a paint brush?!

samueljohn

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Graham,
Are you really admitting to having some sort of life outside of the forum, the website and the magazine? I do not believe it for a minute, besides, the kids say its time to go out and play.....

By the way, you know your are my hero...!
J