Classic way round Mc Gregor & Boorman!

captain vincent

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
A good journalistic source (sober) has just let slip that the demon duo are about to do a circumnavigation of Scotland on a couple of Vinny,s with Claudio following on the backup vehicle a M21 sidecar oufit with wicker basket sidecar!.The rules are that you can only do 150 miles per day and that you have to sign on for charity with your classic bike per mile.Claudio will set up a Classic booth at the end of each stage where you can give a five minute talk on your bike and the run and all for charity!No sat nav,borders,or hostile natives just classic crack! and plenty of oil!

more news from my source as it evolves!

Regards

Captain Vincent.

pussycat

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Any more news?

Hello,
Looking forward to hearing more news on this, we commented while watching Long way Round that Charlie would probably enjoy riding a Vincent! Think it's a great idea, hope it work out well.:D

ET43

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Long Way Round

Hey Chaps, An M21. Come on, I'd like to get out of first gear at least, but the problem would be all their support vehicles in the way, wouldn't it?
Et43, and hello Bruce!

dave g6xnc

Non-VOC Member
M21's

Don't knock these fine machines, take a spare exhaust valve in your pocket and it will carry you anywhere, q.d.rear wheel as well.
dave gs (exM20 rider and now GS rider and die hard Charly fan, he should have stuck to 1150GS's).

ET43

Non-VOC Member
Scottish L.W.R.

I'm not knocking M21's Dave, after all, I earned part of my living fitting sidecars to them, it is just that with the best will in the world I would not fancy having to follow something as slow as that on a conducted run even if the scenery is magnificent, and what would be the point in haring off in front and getting ( or reinforcing ) a hooligan tag. That title goes to Charlie Boorman. I can just see the look on the sheeps' face as he monowheels by, so in all honesty I will probably give it a miss and save for Italy and some pass storming. Happy Days, ET43

Jock English

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Scottish speed

A friend and I once stopped somewhere in the far north west at a cafe, and on asking how long it took to get to Ulapool, the owner thought for a bit, then asked "How many films have you got?"
You can always wait for the old Beeza and enjoy the scenery.
PS please keep it a secret, don't want too many people going there.
Regards
Jock English