Classic British Biker Cafés

G

Graham Smith

Nice period photo of the Salt Box Café, Biggin Hill, just up the road from me.

223884241_10226109515068478_4071826676914209938_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Back in the day we started the body of the Edinburgh trial from here about 11pm on an October evening and off to Buxton and the environs

G

Graham Smith

The Cellar Coffee Bar, Windsor, bit of a notorious Rockers place, and the birthplace of The Windsor Chapter of The Hells Angels.

223524977_10226106767839799_7700563839911602177_n.jpg

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Colin, My formative motorcycling years were spent at salubrious Wealdstone, probably equidistant between the Ace and Busy Bee, the ride was certainly better to the Bee, up through Harrow Weald and Bushey, and I preferred it as a cafe, but I did go to them both.

vibrac

VOC Member
Of course the "Daddy" of them all
"The Ace" on the North Circular, still going strong
Well it still going but its not the place I visited back in the day
My best memory is going to the bog and looking at the kitchen area (yes on the way to the bog!) there was an old lady with a foot high pile of sliced bread and an open pan of hot simmering margarine and she was holding a paste brush (for wallpaper) pick up a slice,dip brush in the pan and brush the bread slice, pick up another slice....
No H&S but you always got bread & "butter" with yer sausage & chips.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Yes, I don't think it held any Michelin Stars at that time, or now, but I can get by on their boil in the bag kippers with 2 slices of toast.