ET: Engine (Twin) Chopped engine for sale.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Interesting that the engine number and "Vincent" has been removed, but I do know what the original engine number was from the crankcase mating number using the factory records. Not on the VOC stolen list so don't know why the engine number was removed.

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
For what it is the price seems almost fair providing the internals are in reasonable condition.

daevideo

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I bid and purchased the chopped engine. Both timing and primary cases and its timing cover matched. The pistons are +40 Specialloids and it seems Mr Bishop shelved the engine because the piston land had broken, there was some scarring in that head which had been 'squished' and a few other modification passages out of Tuning For Speed. Someone has bought it off me as he has a featherbed with a 'Vin-Nor' logbook. He was skilled in sleuthing / examining the engine despite having no familiarity with The Vincent but could tell that the previous owner Julian Bishop knew his way. He has asked around his local scene and was impressed with reports of the late Mr Bishop so he made up his mind this was a decent purchase for all things the way of Ogri. I could have sold the engine 2 or 3 times over after 2 weeks waiting for the buyer. The money from the chopped Bishop engine is going into my bog standard replica HRD crankcases build in which forged pistons is my preferred way to proceed.