Cheeky Question regarding a 2021 Triumph Tiger..

Bazlerker

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I’m starting to look for a replacement for my 2017 Yamaha FJR1300ES..It’s dead reliable, bloody fast, handles well..but its a tad heavy.
One of the bikes that might be a contender is the 2021 Triumph Tiger 1200XRt...

So, my cheeky question is..given the employer of the current Chairman of the V.O.C...do we get a discount on new Triumphs?

Last edited:

mercurycrest

VOC Member
I’m starting to look for a replacement for my 2017 Yamaha FJR1300ES..It’s dead reliable, bloody fast, handles well..but its a tad heavy.

So, my cheeky question is..given the employer of the current President of the V.O.C...do we get a discount on new Triumphs?
Only if you live in the UK and were born before 1930.

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Bob
They are a very capable bike, but don't look to use them seriously off road.
A friend took one into Morocco and face planted it in the dunes. I believe the repair bill was around 3500 GBP

Neil

G

Graham Smith

So, my cheeky question is..given the employer of the current President of the V.O.C...do we get a discount on new Triumphs?
Hi Bob

Stuart is the Chairman of the Club, but in answer to your question, I suspect the answer would be 'no', although I look forward to being corrected.

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
Bob
They are a very capable bike, but don't look to use them seriously off road.
A friend took one into Morocco and face planted it in the dunes. I believe the repair bill was around 3500 GBP

Neil
I don‘t ride off-road. Dirt is for potatoes. The 1200XRt is a road biased machine.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Look on Youtube , Triumph is getting a bad name because of gearbox problems,
With the ones a year or two old !,
Don't know if they have fixed it with the latest ?

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
Had the same 1300
Family Jem Frier.
Amazing piece of kit.

But bought me a 700 Tracer.
186 kg
Full
Lithium battery.

So light.

It handles like an A single.
But only on last u can ride whole day, no sore but sir.

Cheers

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Not so sure my pillion passenger would like her perch much, I think I will stick with my Feridax style extended seat, maybe the Tracer 900 with the comfort seat would be a better bet, the nearest I have come to owning anything like that is a Yamaha FJ1200 ABS, very competent, very boring, very thirsty, I still have it languishing in the garage taking up valuable space if anyone is interested, going for a song as they say, with full touring luggage, alarm , Bagster seat and Baglux tank bag, Scottoiler, new tyres, £1k