• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Cheeky Question regarding a 2021 Triumph Tiger..

CollingsBob

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
I’m starting to look for a replacement for my 2017 Yamaha FJR1300ES..It’s dead reliable, bloody fast, handles well..but its a tad heavy.
One of the bikes that might be a contender is the 2021 Triumph Tiger 1200XRt...

So, my cheeky question is..given the employer of the current Chairman of the V.O.C...do we get a discount on new Triumphs?

Last edited:

mercurycrest

VOC Member
I’m starting to look for a replacement for my 2017 Yamaha FJR1300ES..It’s dead reliable, bloody fast, handles well..but its a tad heavy.

So, my cheeky question is..given the employer of the current President of the V.O.C...do we get a discount on new Triumphs?
Only if you live in the UK and were born before 1930.

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Bob
They are a very capable bike, but don't look to use them seriously off road.
A friend took one into Morocco and face planted it in the dunes. I believe the repair bill was around 3500 GBP

Neil

Graham Smith

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator

So, my cheeky question is..given the employer of the current President of the V.O.C...do we get a discount on new Triumphs?
Hi Bob

Stuart is the Chairman of the Club, but in answer to your question, I suspect the answer would be 'no', although I look forward to being corrected.

CollingsBob

VOC Member
Bob
They are a very capable bike, but don't look to use them seriously off road.
A friend took one into Morocco and face planted it in the dunes. I believe the repair bill was around 3500 GBP

Neil
I don‘t ride off-road. Dirt is for potatoes. The 1200XRt is a road biased machine.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Look on Youtube , Triumph is getting a bad name because of gearbox problems,
With the ones a year or two old !,
Don't know if they have fixed it with the latest ?

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
Had the same 1300
Family Jem Frier.
Amazing piece of kit.

But bought me a 700 Tracer.
186 kg
Full
Lithium battery.

So light.

It handles like an A single.
But only on last u can ride whole day, no sore but sir.

Cheers

peter holmes

VOC Member
Not so sure my pillion passenger would like her perch much, I think I will stick with my Feridax style extended seat, maybe the Tracer 900 with the comfort seat would be a better bet, the nearest I have come to owning anything like that is a Yamaha FJ1200 ABS, very competent, very boring, very thirsty, I still have it languishing in the garage taking up valuable space if anyone is interested, going for a song as they say, with full touring luggage, alarm , Bagster seat and Baglux tank bag, Scottoiler, new tyres, £1k

Bill Cannon

VOC Member
As a BMW dealer I know I'm biased but we take a lot of Triumphs in part exchange and the common complaint is poor service backup from both the dealers and Triumph.
BTW R1250GS is the best selling large bike in the UK!
Cheers Bill

vibrac

VOC Member
I have one of those GS but I left it on Sorn this year and after the Comet went in the naughty corner I rode my K100 if I needed a long ride, I reasoned not much point in a GS when your just stuck in England and limited time

Herman-Handlebars

VOC Member

Although not the 1200, it shows just how poor Triumph has become in recent years. I have read John Bloor, has retired and handed the role to his sons who have taken the company in new direction, and seemingly this has caused quality problems.

Latest Forum Threads

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?