Charity Vincent ride

Comet

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
It's not too late if you would like to donate to our charity Vincent ride.
Starting Saturday 3rd July Bob and I leave Kent and head for Uttoxeter for Saturday night. Then on to Edinburgh, Inverness, John O'Groats,Glasgow, Gloucester, Land's End and finally back home to Kent. Not all in one day of course as we are not using motorways but favouring smaller A and B roads for the 2500ish miles.
I will be on the Comet and Bob on his twin. We are raising funds for Diabetes UK and Multiple Sclerosis Society. Any contributions would be gratefully accepted.
just click on the link below

www.justgiving.com/vincent499-endtoend-diabetes or see us at Uttoxeter

many thanks
John

Last edited:

Comet

VOC Member
so here we go then. Set sail from the Black Prince Interchange (Holiday Inn) at 08.00hrs tomorrow morning and head for Uttoxeter. Donations are still coming in, and hopefully we can raise some more at Uttoxeter and at various stops on the trip.
I will try and keep this page updated as we go.

deejay499

VOC Member
Just a brief update folks. They got to Uttoxeter ok and did well waving the collection boxes at the gate. They left on Sunday about midday. After our 4 hour trip home, Dawn phoned to say that John had clutch trouble on the Comet and they have stopped at a pub to stay a couple of nights and get the bits needed and then carry on. Unfortunately they are in a mobile phone dead spot so cannot update anything yet. Hope to have more news soon.
Cheers, Dave

deejay499

VOC Member
Latest update folks. Clutch parts arrived with John at about 2.30pm Tuesday. They left the pub at 4.30pm to do the 200 miles to Edinburgh and arrived at about 10.00pm. After a quick look around the castle and area, they are off to Inverness, another 200 miles. Good luck lads when you read this.
Cheers, Dave

deejay499

VOC Member
They arrived at Inverness ok at about 6pm Wed. John says he has a sore bum. Thursday will be a long hard day from Inverness to John o Groats and back to Inverness, approx 280 miles on smaller roads. The Comet seems to be going well - good news.
Dave.

deejay499

VOC Member
I could not update any more as I was in hospital for 5 days for a Prostate reduction. All fixed and ok now.
John has been putting bits on his Facebook site for those that are on it.
Now that they are back, I will leave the story telling to JK.
Cheers, Dave

Last edited:

Comet

VOC Member
right so. Hi everyone.
well sorry I haven't put anything on here it's been very mad and busy.
So we made it to John O'groats and back to Inverness 280 miles that day. In the rain. The next day we set off again for Glasgow and eventually for Land's end. Well we set off on the A road past Loch Ness and Lock Lomond, the question is how far did we get? Did we make it to Lands End? Did we even make it to Glasgow? Did we all stay together or was the stress too much?
and did we make our target of £2000 for the charities?

Only one way to find out. You will have too wait for the serialisation in MPH........... unless Graham actually decides it's all a load of cack.

thanks
JK