Misc: Everything Else Charging system not working

Chris Launders

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
There is information out there somewhere on repairing/adjusting them, though I haven't a clue where you would find it now, I saw some service type sheets years ago, the best thing would be to replace it with a modern electronic one, I use a DVR2 from Dynamoregulators.

highbury731

VOC Member
Several people have advised me to buy one of those. I suppose I am being perverse in trying to get the Lucas CVC working.
I hear that the contacts can get corroded, so it's a good idea to clean them with some emery paper, then run the engine up.
I can't think why Norton put the CVC under the petrol tank, so you have to take the tank off to access it, but need the tank on to test it.
Paul

stu spalding

VOC Member
There is information out there somewhere on repairing/adjusting them, though I haven't a clue where you would find it now, I saw some service type sheets years ago, the best thing would be to replace it with a modern electronic one, I use a DVR2 from Dynamoregulators.
I use a Dynamoregulators unit with a Fiat car dynamo. After blowing up a bunch of other units I can't fault this one. Cheers, Stu.

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member

see these attachments

Attachments

• ALLABOUT_Dynamos.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
  • Practical_Dynamo_Maintenance__(Motor_Cycling_November_1953).pdf
    307.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 1953 Lucas Dynamos E3L E3LM E3N[2].pdf
    134 KB · Views: 14

vibrac

VOC Member
Spares company had a box of boxes of new old stock miller regulators at the Annual Rally