Chain Adjusters FT146AS

tim welsh

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Since I've had my Comet its had "odd" chain adjusters- one with a solid head and co**** (this should be another word for "not fine" which this clever computer wont let me complete!) knurling, the other with a hollow head and finer knurling. Know Thy Beast calls the hollow one the "early" type. Anyone know whether one type is right for 1952, or when they changed?
I dont suppose someone else has an odd pair like this so we could swap?? (like odd sock syndrome!).Mail me if you have a spare I could buy?
Thanks

clevtrev

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Since I've had my Comet its had "odd" chain adjusters- one with a solid head and co**** (this should be another word for "not fine" which this clever computer wont let me complete!) knurling, the other with a hollow head and finer knurling. Know Thy Beast calls the hollow one the "early" type. Anyone know whether one type is right for 1952, or when they changed?
I dont suppose someone else has an odd pair like this so we could swap?? (like odd sock syndrome!).Mail me if you have a spare I could buy?
Thanks
Rough or C o a r s e is the way to go. I`ll put one in the post.