FF: Forks ceriani forks for norvin

Mark Fisher

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I'm a big fan of ceriani forks so I plan to fit some new (replica) 35mm ceriani racing forks to 'world's most horrible norvin". they are available from various outlets but are available in 3 different lengths, but I don't know which is right for a norvin. anybody out there already done this?
mark

craig

VOC Member
Looking Ceriani dealer online and copying the text below, this is your question?

This is an exact replica of the famous Ceriani GP35 racing forks. The legs are made from 6061 aluminium, mounted with CNC machined fittings, the stanchions are from CR-MO tubes, hard chromed.
Optional aluminium triple clamps with 180 mm center hole distance and 45 mm offset.
Length: 680, 720 or 800 mm
Travel: 120 mm
Stanchion dia: 35 mm
Spring rate: 30, 40 or 50 lbs
Spindle not included!
Price (incl. VAT)
Forklegs: EUR 960,- / pair

Ceriani35series1.jpg

greg brillus

VOC Member
These forks can be bought with billet yolks and the top one is a drop yolk........ I have the short 680 mm length ones on my Norvin single race bike.........It probably depends on weather you want to lower the front to help the Turn in for the steering a bit better........On another Norvin twin I have just finished, it has the Norton Roadholders that measure about 700 mm from the axle center to the top of the taper on the tubes. As you probably know the tubes of the Ceriani's will slide though the top yolk and you can set the height to whatever you like..........The 40 Lb springs seem fine for the single, but might be too light on for a heavier twin if that is what you have. The GP 35 R is the ones to get as they have fully adjustable pre load, rebound and compression damping........This makes tuning the front end very easy.........Just a quick word of caution, the lower comp/rebound adjusters come set up fully soft, this is so they can bleed/fill them with oil easier.......you need to set these in approximately their middle click settings before a test ride, or else you might give yourself a scare........Well it scared me....... I fell off the damned thing......... Cheers....... Greg.

Mark Fisher

Non-VOC Member
These forks can be bought with billet yolks and the top one is a drop yolk........ I have the short 680 mm length ones on my Norvin single race bike.........It probably depends on weather you want to lower the front to help the Turn in for the steering a bit better........On another Norvin twin I have just finished, it has the Norton Roadholders that measure about 700 mm from the axle center to the top of the taper on the tubes. As you probably know the tubes of the Ceriani's will slide though the top yolk and you can set the height to whatever you like..........The 40 Lb springs seem fine for the single, but might be too light on for a heavier twin if that is what you have. The GP 35 R is the ones to get as they have fully adjustable pre load, rebound and compression damping........This makes tuning the front end very easy.........Just a quick word of caution, the lower comp/rebound adjusters come set up fully soft, this is so they can bleed/fill them with oil easier.......you need to set these in approximately their middle click settings before a test ride, or else you might give yourself a scare........Well it scared me....... I fell off the damned thing......... Cheers....... Greg.
Thanks Greg, this is exactly what I needed! So it’s the 720mm with 50# springs fo me. 38mm would be nice but they only do them for discs and I want to use a 4LS drum such as a TZ or Fontana.
mark

Oldhaven

VOC Member
You may want to check the lower fork axle distance required for the wheel and brake you want to use. I bought my used GP 35’s with a Grimeca 4LS and it has custom yokes that space the forks to 197mm. You might be able to fit the brake you choose into a 180 spacing, but it was much easier to get the brake stays, operating levers, etc of the Grimeca into the wider space.