Centre stands

Ray Bear

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi all, visited an engineer friend over the weekend & was invited to try the centre stand on a B Shadow he was working on,all that was needed to put the bike on the stand was to tread firmly on the stands locating lug and no need to use your hands to pull the bike at all it just rolled on to the centre stand by pressing the lug down, I was impressed and want one for my 47 Rapide. Is there an after market stand like this or is it one that some one has made themselves, the owner does not know where it came from and the geometry of this stand is next to magic. It bolts to the FT108 pillion footrest support plate. Does anyone know where to obtain one, my photo is not the best if it comes through but hope it helps.. Thanks for all replies , Bill

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
$(KGrHqN,!ksE9WVR(htKBPkBpUC0lQ~~60_12.jpg Dave Hills, Stand, Cheers Bill.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
The angle of the stand in the up position is set by a bolt that bears on the stand itself. Has anyone done something to minimize paint chipping there? I have ty-wraps on my front plate and propstands to protect the paint there.

Rob H

VOC Member
The angle of the stand in the up position is set by a bolt that bears on the stand itself. Has anyone done something to minimize paint chipping there? I have ty-wraps on my front plate and propstands to protect the paint there.

Yes, just turn the bolt upside down and fit a rubber stop. You can get something suitable from an autojumble rubber supplier or even your local DIY door stop

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
Jaguar part number bd 10224 fits tight over the bolt head . It's a bonnet rest rubber, retails for £2.00. Works like a charm.