Misc: Stands Central Stand for Vincent

Michel

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
3 weeks ago, I asked informations about central stand to D. Hills, but he didn't answered. His email adress is correct : d.hills@ntworld.com ?
Thanks for your help. Michel.

Michel

VOC Member
Central Stand

I assembled the central stand kit from David Hills on my Comet without any problem. Really good job, thanks David.:)

Pharquarx

Non-VOC Member
So, I am assuming, based on what I have read here in the forums, that Dave Hills' center stand for Comets is the way to go, hands down, yes?

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Bob Hill's stand

The only faffing you MIGHT have to do is removing metal to make sure the stand goes sufficiently over centre. Initially mine would lift a fully laden twin by foot pressure alone. Alas, a puff of wind from behind and it would roll off. So I spent 15 minutes with a file, and now need very little more effort to roll on, and it needs a hefty shove to roll it off.
Also recommended, Neal Videan's propstand.

So, I am assuming, based on what I have read here in the forums, that Dave Hills' center stand for Comets is the way to go, hands down, yes?

john998

VOC Member
An excellent bit of kit, Have fitted two now no, problem.( no not to the same bike) Tom is correct it is worth getting the over centre right. John.

ray vinmad

VOC Drawings Manager
VOC Member
The only faffing you MIGHT have to do is removing metal to make sure the stand goes sufficiently over centre. Initially mine would lift a fully laden twin by foot pressure alone. Alas, a puff of wind from behind and it would roll off. So I spent 15 minutes with a file, and now need very little more effort to roll on, and it needs a hefty shove to roll it off.
Also recommended, Neal Videan's propstand.
Sorry to correct you Tom, but I know of at least one Bob Hill in the Club who has a centre stand fitted, but it is definitely a Dave Hills stand!!! And Dave has made over 800 of them now so I suppose they should work.
Every now and then you can see a twin around that also has a prop stand on the pillion plate (one side only). Now, how many bikes are there around with 6 stands!!!!

Ray

john998

VOC Member
When I mentioned the number of stands to a rider of modern machinery he unkindly said, well a Vincent probably needs a lot. John.