Misc: Stands Central Stand for Vincent

Tom Gaynor

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Stands

Most people would be content to be named for a single hill...

I met the man himself earlier this year: even his august presence failed to stop me calling him Bob Singular.

Mine has five stands, the NV prop and the BH centre being the only ones routinely used. I have thought about taking the OE Vin prop/front stand assembly off (thus saving about 10 lb) because as prop it is useless, but it comes into its own used as a front stand in conjunction with the Inquisition-designed, hernia-inducing rear stand if one plans to remove the front end of the bicycle. (Dress code: collar and tie, tweed sports coat.) All one needs then is a jack under the gearbox.

The big bonus from NV and BH stands are that I can now get on and off the damn thing, even fully laden, without the lurking fear that with a momentary loss of coordination I'll end up underneath it. Which had been known to happen.

Sorry to correct you Tom, but I know of at least one Bob Hill in the Club who has a centre stand fitted, but it is definitely a Dave Hills stand!!! And Dave has made over 800 of them now so I suppose they should work.
Every now and then you can see a twin around that also has a prop stand on the pillion plate (one side only). Now, how many bikes are there around with 6 stands!!!!

Ray

ET43

Non-VOC Member
Vincent stands.

I've only got one on my Vin, it's called a sidecar.

Signed,

Brian Philip Primmer aka ET43, and if any of you B%"*&s call me Brian, watchout! This is so that you all now know who I am.

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Vincent stands, and nicknames

ET43 is one nickname I can always remember. I've always rather fancied ET50 as a nickname. Well, ET50/2 properly - ET50, but bushed.

All surnames fall into four categories: patrimony; origin; trade or occupation; distinctive physical feature. ET50/2 falls into the last category, as possibly does ET43. It's difficult to tell by telephone. My own surname is allegedly a corruption of the Irish Gaelic "son of the fair-haired man".

The Life of Phil? Well, it has a certain ring to it... I can hear Terry Jones saying "E's NOT a bloody Messiah, he makes panniers for Series D's...".

Signed,

Brian Philip Primmer aka ET43, and if any of you B%"*&s call me Brian, watchout! This is so that you all now know who I am.

ray vinmad

VOC Drawings Manager
VOC Member

Signed,

Hi Phil,
The trouble with your stand is that it's hopeless for changing a tyre.
Signed,

Ray
(You know who I am, the South London Mafia location is a good clue).

lindie

Non-VOC Member
on the contrary ray. should you find a wide long right hand curve and a willing chair passenger, at least one wheel can be repaired without even coming to a halt.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
on the contrary ray. should you find a wide long right hand curve and a willing chair passenger, at least one wheel can be repaired without even coming to a halt.
Didn't PEI have a story about finishing a trial in OZ while "aviating" the third wheel?