Cast HRD Primary Cover Plate

johnmead

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I am looking for a HRD primary cover plate like used on A and B Meteor primary covers. I have one of Osman Malak's Newby 40mm belt drive covers and would like to machine and add the cover over the crankshaft drive pulley. I have had the pulley scribed for timing marks on both cylinders and will add a pointer for timing light timing.

Is anyone making copies of these covers? If not, I am going to look at writing a CNC program to do this.

John Mead

vibrac

VOC Member
Low demand but your first port of call should be the spares company they may well be interested in running a small batch from the correct drawings
I dont know if its the same as the series A,perhaps those who do know can say?

johnmead

Non-VOC Member
It really doesn't matter as I will be machining the primary cover after I get one. If one is smaller in diameter than the others, I would go with it.

John Mead

davidd

VOC Member
As there are , as I know of, three different styles, which one do you want ?

This is one of the plates that was available new:

100_2555.jpg

I had this in place with clay so I could make a primary cover for the Newby or other mods out of fiberglass. I made the cover considerably deeper so it could be cut to size:

HRD Cover.JPG

I think that the cap is one of the other styles that you will find on decals, but I don't know if it has been made as the clutch cover plate.

David

johnmead

Non-VOC Member
David,
Do you know where I can get one of the HRD clutch plates. Osman's primary covers have a larger than standard bulge at the crankshaft end to leave room for large belt drive sprockets and that is where I would like to machine to fit one.

John Mead

davidd

VOC Member
David,
Do you know where I can get one of the HRD clutch plates. Osman's primary covers have a larger than standard bulge at the crankshaft end to leave room for large belt drive sprockets and that is where I would like to machine to fit one.

John Mead

John,

I sent you an Email.

David

davidd

VOC Member
I know that John would be happy with any style, but just to add to the information above, here is another style:

IMG_2449.JPG

David