Cassington bike night june 27 2011

Peter. C

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
To all members who attended Cassington Bike Night the event has been cancelled this
year and probably for good after meetings with the local council and the Thames Valley
Police. The British Bike Riders Club who have organised the event without the slightest
trouble for 25+ years have finally had to bow out due to H&S requirements that could not be met. An example being a road closure at £1500 with eight weeks notice required with four weeks to the Event.

This was a very large gathering of six to eight thousand riders with all proceeds going
to village charities,the school, church, sports club etc for putting up with us all year.

Please relay this to friends to avoid disapointment and a wasted journey

roy the mechanic

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
as this event is still being advertised on the ace caff +several others it may well go ahead anyway with or without "official sanctions" heres hoping.

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
What a terrible shame, an evening I look forward to.....what a great shame. Brussels again.......
Hope Roy is right and a few folks go to the Pub in Cassington that night anyway....

Cheers

To all members who attended Cassington Bike Night the event has been cancelled this
year and probably for good after meetings with the local council and the Thames Valley
Police. The British Bike Riders Club who have organised the event without the slightest
trouble for 25+ years have finally had to bow out due to H&S requirements that could not be met. An example being a road closure at £1500 with eight weeks notice required with four weeks to the Event.

This was a very large gathering of six to eight thousand riders with all proceeds going
to village charities,the school, church, sports club etc for putting up with us all year.

Please relay this to friends to avoid disapointment and a wasted journey

Alan J

VOC Member
I feel a letter coming on!! I do wonder these days why we pay for a police force-they are aqainst us at every move! to charge for an event is their way of having nothing to do and preventing us from going "about our lawful business"!! As for "health and safety" it has an important role, but is frequently used as an excuse to stop peoples harmless pleasure!-rant over!

A_HRD

VOC Member
I have a Health and Safety rant. Although the narrow B-road outside my house is a 40 limit, a large proportion of traffic does 60 to 70mph (and the crotchet-rockets about 20 more). I asked the local police to help by at least showing-up with a radar gun to put the frighteners on a few people so that the word gets around. "Sorry", they said, "that road is too dangerous with the speeding traffic and large number of HGVs and it is against Health and Safety rules for us to do any speed monitoring in your location". So someone remind me, why do I pay a large chunk of my Council Tax to the local Police Force??

Peter B
Bristol, UK.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Peter,
Were their names PC Cooper and PC Walsh?
Cheers, Over a hundred miles on my A Comet so far this week John;-)