Carb Water Excluder Boot

rapcom

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Riding home from the Riders' Rally in persistent precipitation resulted in a misfire which I suspect may be water in a carb. This led to a faint bell ringing in my failing memory cell, and a faded mental picture of the rubber boots which fitted over the top of standard Amals, which also had two teats to seal the throttle and choke cables.
A phone call to Amal agent Surrey Cycles produced the response that he remembered them too, but didn't have any, and did not know where they could be obtained.
So, three questions....
Are they still available, and if so, from where ?
Have they ever been available for Mk2 Concentrics?
Do they make Marigold rubber gloves for dolls?
(Was that four questions?)

Last edited:

clevtrev

VOC Member
Riding home from the Riders' Rally in persistent precipitation resulted in a misfire which I suspect may be water in a carb. This led to a faint bell ringing in my failing memory cell, and a faded mental picture of the rubber boots which fitted over the top of standard Amals, which also had two teats to seal the throttle and choke cables.
A phone call to Amal agent Surrey Cycles produced the response that he remembered them too, but didn't have any, and did not know where they could be obtained.
So, three questions....
Are they still available, and if so, from where ?
Have they ever been available for Mk2 Concentrics?
Do they make Marigold rubber gloves for dolls?
(Was that four questions?)

Nothing wrong with blu-tac.

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
More than one use for one of those little things "for the weekend sir" and a great reason to use for having them in your wallet too!!!!!!!!!!

ossie

VOC Member
have hopefully sorted my speedo woes.
thanks to a new pair of gear shafts in the gearbox drive on the front wheel.
well done russ vin parts.
the old gears were so worn they rode over each other and locked up.
i suppose if they have been whizzing round since 1949 theyve done well.
check to see that the drive box on the back of the speedo is working ok and not locking up as was my lower box,as this will cause the cable to wind its self up then either free up and make the speedo fluctuate or snap the cable.
been there to.
OSSIE