PT: Exhaust Campbell mufflers?

Bazlerker

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Is anyone familiar with Campbell straight through mufflers for the Vincent? They are advertised as being N.O.S..

Hugo Myatt

VOC Member
Is anyone familiar with Campbell straight through mufflers for the Vincent? They are advertised as being N.O.S..
Those old Campbell silencers, whilst quieter than standard silencers, were very restrictive and reduced performance considerably. Although I have never taken one apart I believe the inner tube had a smaller internal diameter and that there were more spirals than the original silencers.

highbury731

VOC Member
A muffler such as this? As advertised, particularly suitable for sidecar passengers.

Black Flash

VOC Member
On my brothers Comet 10 years ago, a brand new Campbell silencer disintegrated within 100 miles. I was following him on the Rapide and every now and then I saw black pieces flying out of the exhaust and the noise got louder all the time.
After 500 miles the exhaust was virtually nothing but ao 80% empty can with beautiful chrome. The bike got faster the louder it was but we had to fit a different silencer fpr every MOT appointment.

Bernd