Cam Timing

Monkeypants

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Bruce, I'm glad you asked. I have a limited time offer that includes a tin of polish and not one, not two, but three free kitchen slicer dicer thingies which , if actually used, will make tomatos explode!
Order now and order often!
The product is an old product call Met-all polish. I got it from a Canadian company by name of Aircraft Spruce. They do restorations of old aircraft, such as the Douglas DC3. Because they had acres of alloy to polish, they tried every product out there and found this to be the very best for aluminium. The nice thing is that it also is a wonderful polish for chrome and stainless. A two pound tin is about $20 plus shipping and will last a long time. Met-all is also available in the US at various suppliers

Last edited:

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
I gave a bit of the met-all to Tony Cording, the King of polish. He made great use of it by removing all of the built up header blueing, right up to the exhaust collars.
He likes to use cardboard rather than paper towelling. The coarse material in cardboard seems to speed the process, but the result was still highly polished chrome, rather than the scratched surface Solvol creates. Soon he will have his own personal 2 lb tin
Glen.

clevtrev

VOC Member
What happens when the chrome has all been polished away ? Doesn`t look as if it will take long, with a 2lb tin.

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
I dont know how many years that will take, the chrome on these Spares Co mufflers appears to be quite thick, but it will surely happen slower with this polish than with the coarser stuff such as Autosol. I installed this muffler about 20,000 miles and six years ago, it might do that much again before the chrome is gone. If so, it will be time to order a new one, not a big expense against miles covered.