Cam Timing

b'knighted

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
That reminds me of an occasion when I was speaking to a "friend". He told me that he'd been talking to another mutual friend who had claimed that I didn't have the manners of a pig.
My "friend" said that he had stood up for me and insisted that I did.

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
After caning my Rapide over several high passes (11,000 ft , 9900 etc) on a 3,000 mile trip last week, the Spiral Baffle muffler wasalmost more blue than chrome.
I have a product that restores the chrome finish very easily and does not scratch or dull the chrome like Bluejob or Solvol do. Will download and post some pics.

Glen

Howard

VOC Member
After caning my Rapide over several high passes (11,000 ft , 9900 etc) on a 3,000 mile trip last week, the Spiral Baffle muffler wasalmost more blue than chrome.
I have a product that restores the chrome finish very easily and does not scratch or dull the chrome like Bluejob or Solvol do. Will download and post some pics.

Glen

Does the exhaust pipe blue as well, or just the muffler?

H

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
A bit on the pipes near the head, but mainly the muffler. Here it is after the trip. Some of the blue had accumulated from past trips/hard use. Putting around or going 65 on easy grades doesn't build up bluing on this bike.

Last edited:

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
Removing the blue with polish and paper towel, not much effort required. This is after a couple of minutes of work.