Cam Donald's Review of the New Grey Flash 2018

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Bill, there are loads of fantastic bikes out there for relatively small amounts of money, sometimes it does make you question the sanity of what we choose to do, just the cost of a few mods would go a long towards buying you a top of the range machine, just have a quick count up front to back, Speet brakes, Emmanuel headstock, BT-H mag, Alton, Avo rear shock, of course that is after you have spent vast sums of money rebuilding the engine that you were told had been meticulously rebuilt by a marque expert!

Albervin

VOC Member
I know the club spares company already sells Patricks brake shoes, will they also be stocking the front brake balance beam horizontalisation black elastic bands?
What a fantastic machine, any chance of a road going version I wonder, bit like a Touring BSA Gold Star on steroids, BSA did it at Brooklands, (100mph laps) perhaps a Vincent could do it at the Isle of Man.
Are these the brake shoes that have a hole instead of the hook? A shame the VOCS cannot spell! Using "that" instead of "than". Unprofessional!

vibrac

VOC Member
Are these the brake shoes that have a hole instead of the hook? A shame the VOCS cannot spell! Using "that" instead of "than". Unprofessional!
They are Patricks shoes and they have a hole
who is VOCS? do you mean VOCSC? or VOC'S? where should the "club proof reader" look for this egregious error?

Dave Hulstone

VOC Member
Bill, there are loads of fantastic bikes out there for relatively small amounts of money, sometimes it does make you question the sanity of what we choose to do, just the cost of a few mods would go a long towards buying you a top of the range machine, just have a quick count up front to back, Speet brakes, Emmanuel headstock, BT-H mag, Alton, Avo rear shock, of course that is after you have spent vast sums of money rebuilding the engine that you were told had been meticulously rebuilt by a marque expert!
So, so true. I inherited my bike in standard running order and I reckon I've spent more money on it than it's worth. All good fun though ?

b'knighted

VOC Member
I know the club spares company already sells Patricks brake shoes, will they also be stocking the front brake balance beam horizontalisation black elastic bands?
They already do but you have to buy them in bulk. I'm not sure how many you can cut out of a 20" tube.

davidd

VOC Member

The "horizontalizers" have already made there way to the U.S.
Tompkins Gingerman 2018 1.jpg

David