Cam Donald Bike.PNG

David

Attachments

• Motorcycle_Trader_-_April_2018-28-34.pdf
    886.6 KB · Views: 134

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Also it called the Vincent 1000cc racer a "Lightening" instead of "Lightning". True, both Cam and Luis were a bit surprised at the "out of the box" performance. A measure of how well Patrick builds the bikes. Young Maxime played a big part in building that bike and spent time in Australia with Luis both before and after the event.

greg brillus

VOC Member
Sounds like the suspension changes were the big winner overall. Imagine if George Brown and John Surtees had the same back in their day..........;)

vibrac

VOC Member
Sounds like the suspension changes were the big winner overall. Imagine if George Brown and John Surtees had the same back in their day..........;)
The big guns of the trade would have found even more inventive ways to stop them no way would they let the Stevenage upstart win any big races AMC and BSA were doing ok with outdated factories and clandestine agreements to keep triumph out of racing and the small classes left for Johnny foreigner or big internationals

greg brillus

VOC Member
Shame.........It's not about winning fair and square, but who they want to win..........Sounds a bit like Goodwood more recently..............Don't worry we have similar issues here, the powers that be hate the Horner's bikes. I'm sure John Britten suffered the same narrow mindedness.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I know the club spares company already sells Patricks brake shoes, will they also be stocking the front brake balance beam horizontalisation black elastic bands?
What a fantastic machine, any chance of a road going version I wonder, bit like a Touring BSA Gold Star on steroids, BSA did it at Brooklands, (100mph laps) perhaps a Vincent could do it at the Isle of Man.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Not sure it would be good for the road, The Bore and stroke are changed, Sounds like a Rev' Box.
Cheers Bill.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Honda Must have won !, They are still going and we are making do and mending.
Value for money, I saw in a showroom a BMW R1100s, A bike I Lusted after years ago, 28.000 mile for £3.000 !.
Tempted of Dorset.