• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Cam Donald's Review of the New Grey Flash 2018

Albervin

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Also it called the Vincent 1000cc racer a "Lightening" instead of "Lightning". True, both Cam and Luis were a bit surprised at the "out of the box" performance. A measure of how well Patrick builds the bikes. Young Maxime played a big part in building that bike and spent time in Australia with Luis both before and after the event.

greg brillus

VOC Member
Sounds like the suspension changes were the big winner overall. Imagine if George Brown and John Surtees had the same back in their day..........;)

vibrac

VOC Member
Sounds like the suspension changes were the big winner overall. Imagine if George Brown and John Surtees had the same back in their day..........;)
The big guns of the trade would have found even more inventive ways to stop them no way would they let the Stevenage upstart win any big races AMC and BSA were doing ok with outdated factories and clandestine agreements to keep triumph out of racing and the small classes left for Johnny foreigner or big internationals

greg brillus

VOC Member
Shame.........It's not about winning fair and square, but who they want to win..........Sounds a bit like Goodwood more recently..............Don't worry we have similar issues here, the powers that be hate the Horner's bikes. I'm sure John Britten suffered the same narrow mindedness.

peter holmes

VOC Member
I know the club spares company already sells Patricks brake shoes, will they also be stocking the front brake balance beam horizontalisation black elastic bands?
What a fantastic machine, any chance of a road going version I wonder, bit like a Touring BSA Gold Star on steroids, BSA did it at Brooklands, (100mph laps) perhaps a Vincent could do it at the Isle of Man.

peter holmes

VOC Member
Not sure it would be good for the road, The Bore and stroke are changed, Sounds like a Rev' Box.
Anyone remember the old Honda CB72/77 advert also featuring the rear mudguard of a Vincent motorcycle, the caption read " Who will win the revs versus CC,s war" or something very similar.

Last edited by a moderator:

peter holmes

VOC Member
Bill, there are loads of fantastic bikes out there for relatively small amounts of money, sometimes it does make you question the sanity of what we choose to do, just the cost of a few mods would go a long towards buying you a top of the range machine, just have a quick count up front to back, Speet brakes, Emmanuel headstock, BT-H mag, Alton, Avo rear shock, of course that is after you have spent vast sums of money rebuilding the engine that you were told had been meticulously rebuilt by a marque expert!

Albervin

VOC Member
I know the club spares company already sells Patricks brake shoes, will they also be stocking the front brake balance beam horizontalisation black elastic bands?
What a fantastic machine, any chance of a road going version I wonder, bit like a Touring BSA Gold Star on steroids, BSA did it at Brooklands, (100mph laps) perhaps a Vincent could do it at the Isle of Man.
Are these the brake shoes that have a hole instead of the hook? A shame the VOCS cannot spell! Using "that" instead of "than". Unprofessional!

vibrac

VOC Member
Are these the brake shoes that have a hole instead of the hook? A shame the VOCS cannot spell! Using "that" instead of "than". Unprofessional!
They are Patricks shoes and they have a hole
who is VOCS? do you mean VOCSC? or VOC'S? where should the "club proof reader" look for this egregious error?

Dave Hulstone

Website User
VOC Member
Bill, there are loads of fantastic bikes out there for relatively small amounts of money, sometimes it does make you question the sanity of what we choose to do, just the cost of a few mods would go a long towards buying you a top of the range machine, just have a quick count up front to back, Speet brakes, Emmanuel headstock, BT-H mag, Alton, Avo rear shock, of course that is after you have spent vast sums of money rebuilding the engine that you were told had been meticulously rebuilt by a marque expert!
So, so true. I inherited my bike in standard running order and I reckon I've spent more money on it than it's worth. All good fun though ?