Calender / Calendar what's in a name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas John

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I just received a package from VOC Spares and it included a Vincent 2022 Calendar.

It has some fine shots of various Vincents in different locations in accordance with the time of year, e.g. several feet of snow are in the background for January and February, etc.
Not weather I would be out in, but some of you are much hardier than I.

The printer made a mistake and the front and back covers read Calender, not Calendar.
What's in a name?
I checked and it does not appear to be a Britishism for calendar as we call it in the USA.
VOC Spares know about it so no need to inform them.

Anyway, since the best part is inside the covers, I recommend this calendar for the beautiful photos should you want to have something different on your wall to help keep track of the days.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I just received a package from VOC Spares and it included a Vincent 2022 Calendar.

It has some fine shots of various Vincents in different locations in accordance with the time of year, e.g. several feet of snow are in the background for January and February, etc.
Not weather I would be out in, but some of you are much hardier than I.

The printer made a mistake and the front and back covers read Calender, not Calendar.
What's in a name?
I checked and it does not appear to be a Britishism for calendar as we call it in the USA.
VOC Spares know about it so no need to inform them.

Anyway, since the best part is inside the covers, I recommend this calendar for the beautiful photos should you want to have something different on your wall to help keep track of the days.
Calendar is the UK spelling too. Proofreading is more difficult than some people think.;)

Yes, the photographs are great.:)

Colin

VOC Member
A Rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

With thanks to "Bill" S

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
I noticed this item advertised and enquired on the VOC.uk forum for more information, sample photos etc.
I had no response, zero.
Not very encouraging when a genuine customer wants to purchase an item. I looked today and it is on the VOC spares webshop , again with no pictures.

The VOC Spares Company Limited

VOC Member
I noticed this item advertised and enquired on the VOC.uk forum for more information, sample photos etc.
I had no response, zero.
Not very encouraging when a genuine customer wants to purchase an item. I looked today and it is on the VOC spares webshop , again with no pictures.
Hi there,

The calendar is an item sold by the Spares Company only. Unfortunately I can't see your enquiry on the VOC.uk forum. So sorry for the lack of the response to your post that you done on there. We don't monitor posts on any forum as we are very busy. Please can you contact us directly with any queries that you may have. With regard to pictures, I will send you the front cover and January pictures as an insight.

Attachments

• calender picture.jpg
    calender picture.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Jan Cal.jpg
    Jan Cal.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 25
J

Josh Smith

I had no response, zero.

This website is still the VOC forum (which has never changed), and on the home page of visitors in the last 24 hours, anyone can see that the VOC Spares Company Limited is active on here and will try to sort out any problems.

A simple e-mail or telephone call is often the best route to get in touch with the Spares Company.

Perhaps the lack of response is to do with the fact that the ‘other’ voc.uk.com forum is not used nearly as much as this one…

Josh Smith

Paul Coene

VOC Member
Hi there,

The calendar is an item sold by the Spares Company only. Unfortunately I can't see your enquiry on the VOC.uk forum. So sorry for the lack of the response to your post that you done on there. We don't monitor posts on any forum as we are very busy. Please can you contact us directly with any queries that you may have. With regard to pictures, I will send you the front cover and January pictures as an insight.
It's nice to see that you choose my photograph (and besides from my Egli-Vincent) as the January picture. I even feel a little honored.

Wouldn't it be a nice idea to send the photographer of the photos you choose for the calendar a copy as a small reward?

Joe Bar - Jean Manchzeck.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
Hi there,

That's odd that you don't know about it, as the advert was posted by Bob Patchett on November 22nd and I replied on the 25th November. See screenshot. Bob advertised it on there but then failed to follow up when I asked for more info. Did he not get an email saying he had a reply to his post? Anyway it's water under the bridge now as they would have been Christmas presents.

Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 17.39.05.jpeg

Russell Kemp

VOC Member
Perhaps the lack of response is to do with the fact that the ‘other’ voc.uk.com forum is not used nearly as much as this one…
Be careful Josh, or AF and TK will be after you, lol.

As for not using the other forum, I note that Tracey Tilley posted a question on the 8/01/22 and as of today 25/01/22 has not had a reply. In the January edition of MPH (no full stops) the Computer Officer says "Posting things anywhere else or asking questions elsewhere just won't cut it. You will not be heard where it counts. Post on the 'other' voc.uk.com forum and you will not get a reply, post on this forum and you will". I think it about time that the so called Computer Officer logged in to both forums and answered our questions because at the moment it looks like the only people answering any questions are Pete Appleton and Ernie Lowinger.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Be careful Josh, or AF and TK will be after you, lol.

As for not using the other forum, I note that Tracey Tilley posted a question on the 8/01/22 and as of today 25/01/22 has not had a reply. In the January edition of MPH (no full stops) the Computer Officer says "Posting things anywhere else or asking questions elsewhere just won't cut it. You will not be heard where it counts. Post on the 'other' voc.uk.com forum and you will not get a reply, post on this forum and you will". I think it about time that the so called Computer Officer logged in to both forums and answered our questions because at the moment it looks like the only people answering any questions are Pete Appleton and Ernie Lowinger.
I find it extremely comforting that Russell is a fellow insomniac, only probably for completely different reasons, I am laying in my bed, sleeping fitfully whilst being in extreme discomfort following my bilateral knee replacement surgery, just debating whether to take another Tramadol pill or not (I did)

I too was incredulous when I read Phil Mahood’s comments directing us towards the CE offering that is incorrectly described as a forum, it is nothing of the sort, and certainly bears no comparison whatsoever to this fantastic forum.

It prompted me to let my mind search for comparisons or parallels to this situation, and then suddenly I remembered Embassy Records, owned, recorded and pressed by Woolworths, now you would have to be of a certain age to remember Embassy Records, but the business model was thus.

You wait for the most successful artists of the day to release their next highly successful record, so that could be Cliff Richard, Adam Faith, maybe one of the up and coming Liverpool bands, then Embassy records would attempt to copy the recording as closely as possible using session musicians and singers, cut and release a rival record, with the attraction being they were sold at a much reduced cost, well I am sure you can imagine, any kid with any street cred ain’t gonna buy it, I am sure that some lesser informed stupid people did as they enjoyed a modicum of success, but who really wants cheap copies of the real thing, I don’t really know if that stacks up as a comparison, but I have taken a look at the CE offering, now let’s be honest, it really isn’t very good, is it?
A bit like an Embassy Record.

Well thats the fun bit out of the way, but on a more serious point, I think Phil’s wording in the January MPH was disrespectful and disgraceful, of course I can understand why certain members of this club might view this forum as an irritation, and were it a buzzing insect they would probably simply swat it, and from their point of view that would put the whole matter to bed, but it is not an insect, and it can’t be swatted, we all know that moves are afoot to diminish and eventually shut down this forum, otherwise why would Phil have written those words in MPH, I can only presume with the full backing of the EC who now publish and print MPH, which by the way, and considering the circumstamstsnces I thought was a good effort, I found it distasteful reading the minutes of the last AGM, but I understand they are duty bound to print them, I just don’t like some of the stuff that was said, especially when appertaining to Graham, who let’s be honest, has worked his butt off for this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.