Cadwell September Track Day

Tim Kirker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Tony Page has done quite a bit of ground work to set up a Track Day at Cadwell Park for Classic motorcycles - especially Vincents - on Friday 27 September. This is the day before the VMCC weekend at Cadwell and entry on the Friday will include camping for the weekend. If you've not tried this before, it's great fun, as anybody that has been with the VOC to the Mallory Festival of 1000 bikes can testify.

So far bookings are slower than hoped - and if this is not a success it is unlikely to be repeated. Please spread the word and see what support can be drummed up.

The field will be split into novice; intermediate; and fast - you elect which group to go with. The parades will be marshalled to limit speeds until riders are familiar with the track. Entry should provide seven sessions of around 20 minutes each. All of which makes it excellent value at only £99 for the day.

To find out more, and to book an entry, follow the link below.

http://www.msvtrackdays.com/bike-home/event-details.aspx?productid=1928

Tim

Howard

VOC Member
I'm going to have a go at this for old times sake.

Who's booked, and what section are you riding in?

I have no idea what bikes will be entered, but I suspect there will be a large number of fast 80s machines.

H

Tim Kirker

VOC Member
I only know of myself and Glyn and no doubt Tony Page but there must be others. Glyn and I will be in the novice class - to avoid the 80s rice burner!

nobby

VOC Member
I am Vincentless at the moment. But if someone is so generous to lend me one, I will be there...

vibrac

VOC Member
Ben and I will be there as he is racing at the weekend with his flying brick and wants to test a new engine. he will also be racing the HRD. Projects and Greek rally permitting we may have 2 more Vincents and one of his customers on the road legal BMW there as well

Howard

VOC Member
Ben and I will be there as he is racing at the weekend with his flying brick and wants to test a new engine. he will also be racing the HRD. Projects and Greek rally permitting we may have 2 more Vincents and one of his customers on the road legal BMW there as well

Let me guess, you're all in the novices too!! I'll see if I can get a few laps in during the lunch break. :)

H

vibrac

VOC Member
One thing is for sure Novices is not the class I would want to run in! I would rather run at the back of the pack in a full vintage race than one lap of the 1000 bikes those racers know where to go and dont change their minds....

Howard

VOC Member
One thing is for sure Novices is not the class I would want to run in! I would rather run at the back of the pack in a full vintage race than one lap of the 1000 bikes those racers know where to go and dont change their minds....

Good point, but the alternative to novices at a track day strikes me as being groups of Rossi wannabees at a track day............... I suppose I'll have to leave my brain at home and go intermediates.

H

Rocket3

VOC Member
I'm going to have a go at this for old times sake.

Who's booked, and what section are you riding in?

I have no idea what bikes will be entered, but I suspect there will be a large number of fast 80s machines.

H

Howard i have booked in the intermediate class but you can move to a different group on the day if you wish.

vibrac

VOC Member
More important than the class, is your own feedback. About 12 minutes in and you should be dialed in and running well. At 15-18 plus your attention may wander -thats the point to come in, I think sessions were 20 mins last year