Cables nipples DIY

vince998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
One can neutralize any acid flux residue after soldering by soaking the cable end in a warm solution of baking soda and water.

Baking soda? I´ve been banned from the kitchen after she found half the crankcase in the oven, and bearings in the fridge!!:rolleyes:

Howard

VOC Member
Baking soda? I´ve been banned from the kitchen after she found half the crankcase in the oven, and bearings in the fridge!!:rolleyes:

Ah yes - the garage extension or kitchen as the ladies like to call it.

I can still see the salesman's face in Comet.

"Oven's not very big is it?"
"This oven will hold a 28 lb turkey, sir"
"Maybe, but I'd have to remove the head studs to get my crankcases in."

The silly man thought I was joking!!

H

davidjoyner

Non-VOC Member
Amazing recall my wife has.. wasn't allowed to put the c/cases in the oven as she recalled the heavenly smells from the last re-build...20 years ago!! Anyway now got an oven from the dump ..crankcases, sausages,they are all on the menu in my little republic.( one man one vote.. no hassle!)

Howard

VOC Member
Amazing recall my wife has.. wasn't allowed to put the c/cases in the oven as she recalled the heavenly smells from the last re-build...20 years ago!! Anyway now got an oven from the dump ..crankcases, sausages,they are all on the menu in my little republic.( one man one vote.. no hassle!)

Now I'm jealous - Sausage cooked in Duckhams 20/50.

I just keep a few cans in my garage for medicinal purposes - mind you I spend the first hour each night putting right the last hour from the night before.

H

craig

VOC Member
It took a while to find this thread, typing in the right word to search on, but it seems to be pertinent to Comet cable fabrication. However no dimensions, but good links and good discussion