C & D Gearbox Oil Cap Drawing

champion

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Please could someone supply me with a drawing for the gearbox oil cap from a C Rap or even a D.
It is knurled on the outside with a fine thread up the inside. Approx. 1 inch x 1 inch from memory...

If not a drawing, please could someone give me the dimensions? I would measure one myself, however mine is in Sussex, and I am in Banbury.

I have an alloy one on the Guzzi, or had one, until it came undone somewhere on the M23, so for now I am using a genuine Vincent one off my Dads Twin. (Which must be more valuable on bloody Ebay than Greece! [And I don’t mean the useful little tub of lubricant made by Castrol, I mean the Country!])

So whilst the bikes are off the road in Sussex for a little while, I am looking to try and get one made from spare Alloy off cut at work.

Alex

b'knighted

VOC Member
VOC Spares Co Ltd.

G103/1 C&D Gearbox Oil Cap (Lettered)
Price: £14.04 (Excluding VAT at 20%) Probably plus P&P but less 10% as you are a VOC member.

Cheaper than ebay?

vince998

VOC Member
VOC Spares Co Ltd.

G103/1 C&D Gearbox Oil Cap (Lettered)
Price: £14.04 (Excluding VAT at 20%) Probably plus P&P but less 10% as you are a VOC member.

Cheaper than ebay?

And easier than cutting the thread in the lathe (+ the second one after you´ve mangled the first one whilst knurling it).

champion

VOC Member
Thanks guys,
I will keep this in mind, however I am lucky to have a big shiny new CNC lathe, which creates components from my CAD drawings, so once I can draw it, it makes itself. (furthermore material off-cuts are free from work, so I have as many lumps of Alloy as I can shake a stick at.) one of the perks of the job.

champion

VOC Member
I will however be on the phone to the spares co very soon for a fair few bits, as my father returns into the UK in 4 weeks time after his "Gap Year" In Australia and I am going to help get his twin back on the road! (So that I can borrow his bike and he can stop borrowing the Guzzi!)