• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

C & D Gearbox Oil Cap Drawing

champion

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
Please could someone supply me with a drawing for the gearbox oil cap from a C Rap or even a D.
It is knurled on the outside with a fine thread up the inside. Approx. 1 inch x 1 inch from memory...

If not a drawing, please could someone give me the dimensions? I would measure one myself, however mine is in Sussex, and I am in Banbury.

I have an alloy one on the Guzzi, or had one, until it came undone somewhere on the M23, so for now I am using a genuine Vincent one off my Dads Twin. (Which must be more valuable on bloody Ebay than Greece! [And I don’t mean the useful little tub of lubricant made by Castrol, I mean the Country!])

So whilst the bikes are off the road in Sussex for a little while, I am looking to try and get one made from spare Alloy off cut at work.

Alex

b'knighted

VOC Member
VOC Spares Co Ltd.

G103/1 C&D Gearbox Oil Cap (Lettered)
Price: £14.04 (Excluding VAT at 20%) Probably plus P&P but less 10% as you are a VOC member.

Cheaper than ebay?

vince998

VOC Member
VOC Spares Co Ltd.

G103/1 C&D Gearbox Oil Cap (Lettered)
Price: £14.04 (Excluding VAT at 20%) Probably plus P&P but less 10% as you are a VOC member.

Cheaper than ebay?

And easier than cutting the thread in the lathe (+ the second one after you´ve mangled the first one whilst knurling it).

champion

VOC Member
Thanks guys,
I will keep this in mind, however I am lucky to have a big shiny new CNC lathe, which creates components from my CAD drawings, so once I can draw it, it makes itself. (furthermore material off-cuts are free from work, so I have as many lumps of Alloy as I can shake a stick at.) one of the perks of the job.

champion

VOC Member
I will however be on the phone to the spares co very soon for a fair few bits, as my father returns into the UK in 4 weeks time after his "Gap Year" In Australia and I am going to help get his twin back on the road! (So that I can borrow his bike and he can stop borrowing the Guzzi!)

Warning! This thread is more than 11yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.