Buying a Comet

fishingpaul

Forum User
VOC Member
Thank you both @vibrac and @Nulli Secundus - it's my plan to become a VOC member :)
Anyone share his opinion if I'm a dreamer looking up for decent Comet with max budget 20k GBP ?
In U.S. $ 20K GBP would now = $25,200......more than enough to get a good running Comet, but not a show queen. Some people value (?overvalue) matching numbers, some don't. Given a choice my priority would be a good running bike carefully checked out my a "nonpartisan" Vincent expert. Join the VOC, lots of folks willing to help.

"champagne" Paul

Attachments

• DSC_0158 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_0158 - Copy.JPG
    359.8 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC_0177 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_0177 - Copy.JPG
    480.9 KB · Views: 34

Mateusz Musialski

Active Forum User
VOC Member
In U.S. $ 20K GBP would now = $25,200......more than enough to get a good running Comet, but not a show queen. Some people value (?overvalue) matching numbers, some don't. Given a choice my priority would be a good running bike carefully checked out my a "nonpartisan" Vincent expert. Join the VOC, lots of folks willing to help.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your input. Nice Comet of yours.
Indeed a lot of folks willing to help - I was surprised with warm welcome :)
I posted "wanted" advert in appropriate forum section.
As adviced by one of members - I'm going to let the bike find me :)

Since April I'm watching internet for Comet adverts. With one exception, no one was sold.
Still same adverts with same prices, looks like it is hard to sell Comet for requested price ;)

--
Regards,
Mateusz Musialski

Martyn Goodwin

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Info on the Polish Rally is attached.

Attachments

• Polish Rally001.jpg
    Polish Rally001.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 30
  • Polish Rally002.jpg
    Polish Rally002.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Polish Rally003.jpg
    Polish Rally003.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 25

Mateusz Musialski

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Info on the Polish Rally is attached.

Thanks MartynG,

It is very interesting. Completely lack of any information of this rally in polish internet, as well among polish moto-veteran community.

Is this rally organised purely by/ for VOC members??

--
Regards
Mateusz Musialski

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
Thanks MartynG,

It is very interesting. Completely lack of any information of this rally in polish internet, as well among polish moto-veteran community.

Is this rally organised purely by/ for VOC members??

--
Regards
Mateusz Musialski
The flyer was handed out at the recent VOC International in Austria - thats all I know about it

Mateusz Musialski

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Looks like sometimes show-up offers with reasonable prices.
Advert on carandclassic.co.uk
And link to Auction House

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

I'm a newbie, please someone explain me:
- "auction estimate" - is it estimation of final price or this is price from which auction starts?
- final price will be increased by auction fees or these are included in final bid?

--
Regards,
Mateusz

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Auction estimate is an estimation of the how much money the final bid will be. It will not be less than 13,000 nor more than 15,000. In addition to that the bidder will pay a premium to the auction house, a predetermined percentage above what he bid. The seller may or may not also pay to the auction house a consignment fee. That would be dependent upon what is written into the consignment contract that the seller has with the auction house.
Steven

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Auction estimate is an estimation of the how much money the final bid will be. It will not be less than 13,000 nor more than 15,000.

Huh? What prevents the bids from going over 15,000, or stopping short of 13,000?

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Huh? What prevents the bids from going over 15,000, or stopping short of 13,000?
Duh, you're right Steve. I didn't quite say that correctly did I? (Rhetorical questions that, of course I didn't). What I meant to say is that it is not EXPECTED (my emphasis not yelling at anyone) that the final bid to be less than 13,000 nor more than 15,000. Thanks for catching that. You are of course correct it may fall short of expectations or might exceed them.
Steven