• For any queries related to registration, engine numbers, frame numbers or buying a Vincent motorcycle, the only Club Officials who have access to all the Factory (Works) Records up to 1954 (including dispatch records) and worldwide ownership details gathered by the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club since 1948 are Simon Dinsdale (Machine Registrar) and Jonathan Lambley (Machine Researcher).

Never rely on Certificates of Authenticity or Dating Certificates issued years ago, nor information provided by sellers. You should always satisfy yourself that you know what you're buying before you bid/buy. Always do your own due diligence.

Simon and Jonathan can be contacted by following THIS LINK.
  • Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Buyer beware - Comet in bits eBay item 333692837647

Lambers

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Normally I wouldn't step forward and dare suggest this but both the previous owner and I believe this advert to be a scam - you have been warned.
How do we know, well less than 12 months ago the machine was fully restored and the owner went through DVLA to get it taxed and on the road. The photos and text in the current advert are the same ones from when it was advertised a few years ago. He has sold it on but it is highly unlikely to have been stripped to this extent.
We could be wrong but whoever has bid on it already may be at risk of a scam - always check with us before you bid or buy !
I have tried messaging the seller but surprise surprise....no response
Careful guys n girls
Jon Lambley
VOC Machine Researcher
eBay - Comet.jpg

daevideo

Active Website User
VOC Member
It would be worth making a bid then be witness to the winning bid conversation just to discover the way of the alleged scam. I am sure the eBayer will be conversational to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whiteshadow15

VOC Member
It’s interesting that this person has been a member since 2015 with perfect buyer feedback all of a sudden decides to start scamming. Times are tough I guess.

Graham Smith

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Or his account got hacked?

That's more like it!

The most sensible thing to do is use different passwords for all sites that you visit.

Having just one password for everything is leaving yourself open to potential problems.

daevideo

Active Website User
VOC Member
I asked someone to chuck a few bids in to test the responses of the vendor. The bid was hunted down very quickly. Inc a bidder with zero feedback. I hope the top bidder is either vendor's confederate dangling in mid air or a cautious fellow.

daevideo

Active Website User
VOC Member
anyone know the final outcome ?
Fingers crossed that the top bidder will give the vendor due diligence of the transaction. All you can see to answer your question is the bidding pattern if you click on the 'bids' in which the winning bidder reacted at 18:17 hours and then a few more bids hunting him down till the end of auction.

daevideo

Active Website User
VOC Member
Here is the seller piping up . Post Sale

Hello there,

Are you still interested in buying Vincent Comet spares because they are still available? The highest bidder proved to be a time waster, he's from France and told me to wait around three weeks until he's able to come and collect it, i am sorry for him but i can't wait so long and that's why i'm asking the other bidders before i relist the auction. If you are interested please contact me and maybe we can arrange a deal.

Kind Regards,
Mark

another message from subject..

The details for collection are as follows:
Address: Tredarvah Farm
City: Penzance
County: Cornwall
Post Code: TR18 4TJ

Collection is preferred but i could also put the parts on a pallet and arrange delivery if needed. What is your offer?Kind Regards,
Mark

Still no details as requested..

Hello again,
I could send you a second chance offer to complete our transaction through eBay. Is that all-right for you?
Kind Regards,
Mark

Clearly bogus.