Burman Pen Pal Consultant Needed

RedRyder

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Howdy,

The Burman Gearbox is my last inspection/fix (I hope) before I bolt up my Comet. The box is now apart, and no big surprise, there are a few things that need attention.

Out there "In Forum Land," (sounds like a Wagner aria for heldentenor, eh?) is there anyone who is a Burman expert (BAP version) that can be my pen pal consultant until it's a completed project? I anticipate I will send a very few pics to help me describe stuff. It may be that I need no help at all, but I usually do and there are no local BAP Burman gurus to consult. Also, the drawings I have are the draftsman-like items and not nearly as easy to work with as the nice Vincent "exploded-view" sketches in the Spares List.

Ping me off line -

Thanks!

Bev Bowen

samueljohn

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Len,
Is there a way you could post a larger file of this image. It looks to be very helpful to us Comet and Meteor abusers.
A download-able image would be better than the forum photo section (where gs feels that copyright is more important than fetishism...;>)
John R

G

Graham Smith

Yes, I think in this instance, an attachment of a high-resolution image on the forum part of the website is the best place to post this.

Len - if you have a nice quality one, but you can't upload it because it's too big, just let me know and I'll take care of it on your behalf.

Regards

Graham

fgth130

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I have what I think is a 'full size' copy (maybe it's 'of a copy') of the Burman Box details that Len has posted. If it's the same it was published by Soren Skoog of the Swedish Section. If he's willing, I could lend Graham my copy for him to scan and post on this site; I'm sure Graham's scanning kit is better than mine.

Frank

G

Graham Smith

How will you send it to me Frank?

Are you coming over for the SE London Xmas Dinner this year?

Graham

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Burman drawing

Yes, Frank is correct. The drawing did originate with Soren Skoog so I'll leave to those with the necessary PC skills to put it on the Forum

fgth130

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Graham, I could send it registered mail if you wish or, perhaps better, give it to one of the SoLonVin Section members on the Tech. Committee who'll be meeting here mid-November. The Club 'Post Office' is cheaper and more secure than the 'professionals'.

Frank

Vic Youel

Non-VOC Member
I dismantled my Burman box in November and am assembling it now. Is there any chance of obtaining a decent scan of the assembly drawiing that will print out in legible size? This thread seems to have ground to a halt.

Thanks in anticipation

Vic