• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Burman gearbox

Michel

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
Hello everybody,
Does someone knows the reference of the gear lever washer for the Burman gearbox (PR50).
I don't find it in the spare parts list.
Thanks.
Michel.

davidd

VOC Member
I am not certain what part you are asking about. I have looked at the Spares List as well as the original blue print of the Burman and there is no washer that I can see as part of the shifting mechanism.

David

Hugo Myatt

VOC Member
I don't know if this is significant but of the several Comet gearboxes that have passed through my hands over the years two of them had a leather washer fitted over the gearchange spindle sleeve that projects from the cover and is then sandwiched by the gear change lever. I don't know if this was an owner's modification or a feeble attempt by Burmans as an oil/grease seal.

Warning! This thread is more than 12yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.